Poll: If you never had to sleep again......hypothetical question!

Q. Keeping Sleeping or Never have to Sleep again

• 1. Yes keep sleeping

Votes: 42 37.2%
  • 2. No give up sleep

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • 3. Pancake

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • 4. Mr Flibble

Votes: 16 14.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
i'm assuming the no side effects mean all the things sleep enables biologically speaking aren't an issue?

i'd probably go for the no sleep, mostly because whilst sleep isn't an unpleasant experience and neither is feeling well rested, never being tired feels like a fair trade.

however mr flibble is an option so i'll take 24 hours WOO please.

Soldato
OP
i'm assuming the no side effects mean all the things sleep enables biologically speaking aren't an issue?

Correct, whatever medical procedure is needed would leave us with absolutely zero biological issues from not sleeping (I know we currently need to sleep or we die, go mad, this 'procedure' would nullify all that).

Soldato
Correct, whatever medical procedure is needed would leave us with absolutely zero biological issues from not sleeping (I know we currently need to sleep or we die, go mad, this 'procedure' would nullify all that).

righto, in that case i stick by the no sleep then, obviously if it's a case of sleep or die then that changes things.

Soldato
I would prefer to have 1 hour of sleep that hot me perfectly rested. This would leave plenty of productive time with a period of shut down.

Man of Honour
In my sleep deprived state I may have made a very small, barely noticeable, tiny wee mistake, hardly obvious to anyone but the most scrutineering of pedants so I've asked for a minor, virtually inconsequential alteration to be made to keep you people happy :D

AKA Doh!

I dunno what you mean. I never saw anything. To be honest what I have been experiencing for around the last month is a complete inability to sleep anyway, I even went to the office at midnight last night to change some disks and ended up pottering about so grabbed a bit more of my kit and took some inventory details etc while there didnt get in until 3:30am and got a few hours sleep in before being wide awake again at 6. Might as well not sleep so im going with that option. What one is that again? :D

Soldato
OP
To be honest what I have been experiencing for around the last month is a complete inability to sleep anyway

We're curfew'd away from work out here and without that daily routine I've slowly become nocturnal, sleeping at 4am and up at noon, yet the past week the "live-in" gardeners from our compound have been out trimming bushes with petrol strimmers starting at 8am, so right now I'm about 3 days into what feels like a sleep deprivation exercise :D

Soldato
I have a 3 month old, what is this thing you call sleep?
Best thing we did was move our son into his own room when he wasn't much more that 2 months old. My other half was all for having him with us until he was 6 months but everyone's sleep was being ruined with early starts and lates at work.

As soon as he went into his own room he slept through, I stayed up until 1am for his night feed and the other half got up with him in the morning. He soon dropped that night bottle after a month and started sleeping from 8pm until 9am! :D

Soldato
Be very strange having no downtime to differentiate between days, even assuming that this no sleep pill gets around the whole brain using sleep to sort things like memories out.

The day would just keep going and going, sure it would get dark and light again but it would be the same state of consciousness forever. Guess drugs or meditation might help break things up.

A pill for less sleep and feeling awesome would be great though.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I love a good nights sleep as much as anyone but only because we need it.

Sleep is really a big waste of time in our lives, would love to never have to sleep again. Anyone voting for wanting to keep having to sleep needs their brain examined.

Caporegime
Sleep is pretty rad and not just because it stops us from literally going psychotic and helps maintain a healthy body. This one time I had a dream that Andy McDowell (from 1984's Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes, and other lesser films) was my mum and she was taking me to school on horseback (not an euphemism) and we both had on cowboy hats, which only jarred slightly with my school uniform but fitted in well with her safari outfit, and then the school bus tried to overtake us but Andy did some horse magic and suddenly we were flying like a really fast horse past the bus and made it to school first!

Sleep helps film stars help you. Think about it.

Soldato
Ive often thought of the amount of time I spend wasted sleeping.
Monday to friday I usually sleep 5-6 hours but Saturday/Sunday can be anything upto 8-10 hours.

The thought of being able to utilize the wasted hours for something more productive is an interesting one & providing there were no side effects mentality I'd be up for it.

Man of Honour
We're curfew'd away from work out here and without that daily routine I've slowly become nocturnal, sleeping at 4am and up at noon, yet the past week the "live-in" gardeners from our compound have been out trimming bushes with petrol strimmers starting at 8am, so right now I'm about 3 days into what feels like a sleep deprivation exercise :D

For the first time last night I actually got to sleep at a semi decent time, the joy was short lived! I spent the entire night having these sketch nightmares about cats... I can't even.... I literally never dream but clearly I am broken!

Back
Top Bottom