Anime

Underboss
My daughter enjoys anime films/books/series and I was just wondering if there are good anime games for PC?

I've seen the ones advertised on Steam that show little girls wearing tank outfits and showing their underwear, that isn't what I am asking about or would even entertain for an adult.

She's 12 so age appropriate and story driven type games would be good.

I'm not an anime/mange fan so appealing to you lovely lot.

Soldato
What sort of anime does she watch?

There's plenty of Naruto and One Piece games on Steam which are well received, but she might not like that sort of thing. Anime is just a medium, there's tons of different genres within it aimed at different audiences.

Associate
Ni No Kuni is possibly one of the best anime style RPGs out there, easily one of my all time favourite JRPGs with an anime style.
The new Dragon Ball Z game is pretty good, it's a good mixture of a semi-open world RPG and a fighting game, it's rated T so with her being 12 you might want to look at a couple of short play through videos of major boss fights first.
Tales of Berseria is another good anime style JRPG with a decent 50+ hour story.
Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Quest Builders are also good choices for someone looking for an anime inspired RPG.

Associate
Trials of Mana?
Chrono Trigger - but it's pretty old.
Any fan/community made Pokemon game.
Possibly TemTem - but it's online.
Phantasy Star Online 2 maybe - I didn't get far into it before the installation broke. Again online.

Ni No Kuni - Wrath of the White witch.

Ni No Kuni 2

Thanks me later.
Watched the trailer for the first one, looks pretty good.

Soldato
Honestly, they are both really great games, not similar in terms of game play, one is an RPG at its core with a really good battle system, and the other is real time action RPG.

Both set in same universe, but no need to have played one to enjoy the other.

Soldato
Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Quest Builders are also good choices for someone looking for an anime inspired RPG.

I was going to suggest DQXI but was more concerened around the "puff puff" stuff, which i know is tonally quite innocent, but still not something i would suggest for an 12 year old. Same reason for not suggesting DBZ based on the old man perv!

Underboss
OP
Thanks gents, I'll check those out - as for the types on anime etc - she watches something called Haikuu about a volley ball team a lot.

Back
Top Bottom