** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
Took the plunge on the 32"

Given a delivery date of 30th June by another retailer :)

Never fancied a curved monitor before but this won me over ....present monitor is a 4k 40" Samsung tv also with a VA panel that I run at 1440p but only 60Hz....to be honest its great and I love it but the whole high speed refresh rate and (claimed) low input lag won me over...plus its samsung.

Man of Honour
What are the limitations of being 'Gsync compatible'?

I would want full Gsync certification.

Are there any features of the Gsync specification that have been dropped?
It doesn’t use the hardware Gsync module so you’ve got some differences. No variable overdrive, potentially lower quality VRR experience and range, potentially higher lag. It varies though on models with adaptive sync and also on those officially certified as Gsync Compatible (which the G7 models have recently been granted I see)

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/variable_refresh.htm

Soldato
It doesn’t use the hardware Gsync module so you’ve got some differences. No variable overdrive, potentially lower quality VRR experience and range, potentially higher lag. It varies though on models with adaptive sync and also on those officially certified as Gsync Compatible (which the G7 models have recently been granted I see)

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/variable_refresh.htm

Cheers. There's a section on that page you liked too which goes in to it with some depth.

Associate
Curious why they contrast ratio of the G7 is listed as only 2500:1 so chances are measured results will be a bit less than that. Don't get me wrong it's way better than an in plan switching panel but for a VA it seems rather on the lower side. Possibly to help with black transition speed?

Soldato
This looks really good, but it is a VA panel isn't it? Are there are reviews? I am not really having buyers remorse on my LG 27 IPS 144hz monitor but if it does HDR600 and it doesn't ghost like crazy like all VA panels do I could be interested.

Associate
This looks really good, but it is a VA panel isn't it? Are there are reviews? I am not really having buyers remorse on my LG 27 IPS 144hz monitor but if it does HDR600 and it doesn't ghost like crazy like all VA panels do I could be interested.

also depends on how sensitive you are and what games you play. I have used all types and still have an Alienware 34 ips yet Due to games I play I prefer the VA panels.

Back
Top Bottom