Few things I want to fix up

Soldato
So disclaimer I'm not brilliant with DIY, I have a few potentially basic problems I want to fix.

I live in a rented flat, I have linked some pictures from onedrive showing the issues.

Mould and crackle plaster near the window
Mould growing on the wall
Marks on the floor
In pictures there is a small hole in the bedroom wall

How can I resolve these issues? Is the wall a simple case of painting over it, or would I need to sand the walls or something? Also would I have to paint the entire room as it would be obvious where I've patched it up?

The floor, is that a case of sanding down and then garnishing? I assume this would be wear and tear though in a rented flat I shouldn't have to do that?

Pics: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnvSU3cnBZfNgblN9B1Qp_mT-Muz_Q

Cheers

Soldato
Disclaimer re the below mould spray... make sure you wear some old clothes you dont care about as it will put nasty stains on them, or even burn a hole in them. The usual protective gloves and safety goggles should be worn too....

You can buy some mould spray that basically has some bleach in it, spray it on, leave for 5-10mins or longer, come back and the mould is dead and you can wipe the rest off. Sometimes you get a bit of staining and you might need to re paint. If you can get the exact same paint, you will be hard pressed to see where you have touched up, maybe only in certain light.

What is it on the floor, is that mould too? Try a damp microfibre cloth on it.

What is the cause of the mould? Do you dry lots of laundry in the property without airing it regularly?

Soldato
OP
Does that spray work on painted walls though?

Also no it's not mould on the floor it's just wear Mark's thing from when the chair was there.

And we used to dry clothes on a clothes horse inside but now just put them on the balcony . The windows tend to get a lot of condensation at times too

Back
Top Bottom