Assetto Corsa Competizione

Associate
Just got this and the DLC during the sale. Had a little go yesterday and realised I am really rusty when it comes to driving. From what I played I really liked the feel of it tho.

I will work on getting my safety rating and track knowledge up so I can get involved in some online races.
Your SA rating will suffer if you play short races and those races feature crashes or offs.

The best thing I can suggest to increase SA, gain track knowledge and learn racing line is to do at least one 30 minute quick race on every track in the game with 24 other cars on the grid.
*snip*
Thanks rjk, helpful post.

Soldato
A quick question for those who are more experienced with ACC; Is there a reason you can't refuel in career races?

Some of the tracks I know really well but there are some I don't at all. So to familiarise myself with all the tracks (and build up my ratings) I thought I'd give the career mode a go. I did the first race and got through with just enough fuel. Second race though, I had to use map 1 for more of the first stint so was going to run out of fuel before the end but no worries - there's a mandatory pitstop. When I bring up the HuD though, the fuel to add is greyed out so I can't add fuel though if I do a quick race I can.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Is there a reason you can't refuel in career races?

taken from this link - https://www.reddit.com/r/ACCompetiz...ntroduction_to_the_blancpain_gt_series_rules/

Race Formats
Sprint Race Weekend

Sprint Races are short time-based races that originally consist of two 1-hour races. It includes Free Practice 1, Free Practice 2 and Qualifying sessions. Each Free Practice session can last up to 90 minutes.
The Qualifying session is split into 2 parts (Q1 and Q2), and can last up to 60 minutes. Two drivers take part in both race sessions, with each driver participating in their corresponding Qualifying split (Driver 1 in Q1 and Driver 2 in Q2). The grid of Race 1 will be drawn up according to the results of Q1, while the grid of Race 2 will be drawn up according to the results of Q2.
Driver 1 will take the start of Race 1, while Driver 2 will take the start of Race 2.
In each race, there is a mandatory 10-minute pit window for changing drivers and tyres. No refuelling is allowed.

The mandatory pitstop is only considered complete if it included a driver swap as well as a complete tyre change.

3-Hour Endurance Weekend
The 3H Endurance race is a time-based race that originally lasts for 3 hours. It includes Free Practice, Pre-Qualifying and Qualifying sessions. Free Practice and Pre-Qualifying can last up to 90 minutes, and it is possible to modify the setup in both these sessions.
Qualifying is split into 3 parts (Q1, Q2, Q3), and can last up to 60 minutes. Minimum 2 and maximum 3 different drivers will drive the same car, with each participating in their corresponding Qualifying split (Driver 1 in Q1, Driver 2 in Q2, Driver 3 in Q3).
The resulting overall qualifying time will consist of the combined average time achieved by the drivers in Q1, Q2 and Q3. Depending on the number of splits completed, the qualified car will be marked with a QR number. QR=1 signalling that each split (Q1, Q2, Q3) were attended; while QR=2, 3, 4 marking 2, 1 or 0 qualifying split(s) attended, respectively. The results of the Qualifying session are determined first by the QR and then by the average time set by each car.
During the race, no single stint may exceed 65 minutes.
Two full-service pit stops are mandated where all four tyres must be replaced and the car must be refuelled.

6-Hour Endurance Weekend
The 6H Endurance race is a time-based race that originally lasts for 6 hours. It includes Free Practice, Pre-Qualifying and Qualifying sessions. Free Practice and Pre-Qualifying can last up to 90 minutes, and it is possible to modify the setup in both these sessions.
Qualifying is split into 3 parts (Q1, Q2, Q3), and can last up to 60 minutes. Minimum 2 and maximum 3 different drivers will drive the same car, with each participating in their corresponding Qualifying split (Driver 1 in Q1, Driver 2 in Q2, Driver 3 in Q3).
The resulting overall qualifying time will consist of the combined average time achieved by the drivers in Q1, Q2 and Q3. Depending on the number of splits completed, the qualified car will be marked with a QR number. QR=1 signalling that each split (Q1, Q2, Q3) were attended; while QR=2, 3, 4 marking 2, 1 or 0 qualifying split(s) attended, respectively. The results of the Qualifying session are determined first by the QR and then by the average time set by each car.
During the race, no single stint may exceed 65 minutes.
Five full-service pit stops are mandated where all four tyres must be replaced and the car must be refuelled.

24-Hour Endurance Weekend
The 24H Endurance race is a time-based race that originally lasts for 24 hours, and is traditionally held at Circuit du Spa Francorchamps. It includes Free Practice, Pre-Qualifying, Qualifying, Superpole and Warmup sessions. Free Practice and Pre-Qualifying can last up to 90 minutes, and it is possible to modify the setup in both these sessions.
Qualifying is split into 4 parts (Q1, Q2, Q3), and can last up to 60 minutes. The top 20 cars according to the combined Qualifying results are eligible for the Superpole session, in which they can complete 2 timed laps to decide the final starting order for the Race. With the exception of the Pro category, where the number of drivers is maximized at 3, minimum 3 and maximum 4 different drivers will drive the same car, with each participating in their corresponding Qualifying split (Driver 1 in Q1, Driver 2 in Q2, Driver 3 in Q3 and Driver 4 in Q4).
Cars competing with only 3 drivers will participate in Q2, Q3 and Q4 only. The resulting overall qualifying time will consist of the combined average time achieved by the drivers in Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4. Depending on the number of splits completed, the qualified car will be marked with a QR number. QR=1 signalling that each split (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) were attended; while QR=2, 3, 4, 5 marking 3, 2, 1 or 0 qualifying split(s) attended, respectively.
The results of the Qualifying session are determined first by the QR and then by the average time set by each car. The Race session is preceded by a 20-minute Warmup session.
During the Race, no single driver stint may exceed 65 minutes.
There are no additional rules related to pitstops, teams are free to change tyres and refuel the car as many times as possible, as long as drivers comply with the 65-minute stint rule.

I personally tend to play 20 min online races and a mix of 30 min/1hr races when i play solo

just use this calculator to work out fuel load per race. (why it isnt just in the game is beyond me)
Usually I practice/qualify on 15L to get the estimated fuel to update then take the estimated fuel and stick it into the calculator alongside the race time.
I usually add an extra 2 laps worth of minutes to the race time to give a buffer and it means I usually have ample fuel for any race.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks @rjk I tried googling but obviously not good enough. I was racing 40 minute races so obviously refueling isn’t allowed. The weird thing though, a 40 min race as a quick race you can refuel but I thought it would work the same.

I do use a calculator but having had to run map 1 for almost the whole first half of the race really put my calculations out. Though I’ve not played enough ACC to know all of its intricacies.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I'm fairly certain that quickrace format allows refuelling etc whereas the career mode is based on the GT Series rules.

The pitstop stuff in the game is not very well explained in fairness. I have failed a few pit stops by not meeting certain criteria that I've missed whilst trying to amend pit strategies on the fly.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
https://youtu.be/6rFnym1Hnks

announcement going on now. assuming console info and perhaps DLC info for the GT4 and UK tracks.

edit - dont waste your time. its an hour of people answering questions about why sim racing and the rise of esports is important with no info about the DLC or anything to do with the game. sheesh.

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
GT4 content is absolutely magnificent. Kunos have smashed this one out of the park.
Driven the Cayman and KTM so far. Both feel very lively and provide a lot of feedback, interesting to drive compared to the GT3s. I'm hoping that when they do the British GT pack they make multiclass racing more prominent. You can do it online but I have seen feedback that the class leader position stuff isnt working.
Multiclass is also not available in single player.

For £18 it offers great value. I have seen a lot of negative posts on RD and social about the cost of the DLC which I find completely mindblowing.

Soldato
Yeah 11 new cars for £18/$20 seems like a good deal to me. I wish they could have thrown 1 or 2 new tracks in but I'm just being greedy.

Hopefully they make an American GT pack after the British one.

Soldato
Have to admit i thought the GT4 would come in cheaper than it did. I think it was more a perception i have that more work would have gone in to the intercontinental release, and that 4 outstanding tracks had greater value over a new car set/class for me personally. The reasoning i guess would be the licencing costs, and well Kunos have never gouged down before so i guess it's justified.

The expansions seem to sell like gangbusters, so no doubt they've already started on either the asian or american series.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I can see the modelling, skinning and physics of 11 cars being a fair amount of work. probably not as much as tracks perhaps but realistically adding a whole new class to the sim will have been a huge undertaking. I think you're right that licensing costs come into play but they have the SRO GT license so I'm not sure manufacturer licensing comes into it that much when the race series is the license that Kunos holds. I'm speculating of course.

I don't think £20 for a completely different way to drive one of the best sims on the market is much to ask for personally. when the entry cost of sim racing is £200+ for a basic wheel and pedals, spending a relatively small amount of money on software isn't a big ask if it means that Kunos continue adding great content to this title.

Soldato
Is this still a dog in vr?

I only recently picked this up so don’t know what it was like before, but it’s not great in VR on my 2070S despite following a few guides to improve image quality and playability. The UI is very usable in VR for the most part and the actual VR itself is good but it’s really hard to run in a way that isn’t quite blurry compared to eg AMS2 or PC2.

If you crank up the settings a bit (VR pixel density has a big impact especially) then you start to see what could be possible but the frames tank. They need to implement some optimisations or ideally even some advanced VR technology like SPS, VRSS or DLSS/fidelity FX for VR to be really competitive on that front in my opinion.

It’s still a lot of fun in VR but it is rather striking how much of a better image I get in AMS2 when I switch back. Even Rfactor I would say possibly looks better in VR which is saying something when you compare those two on a flatscreen.

Shame because I think ACC is probably my favourite game at the moment!

Associate
Everyone still playing this? just downloaded the new DLC's and have been driving round in the new Ferrari GT3 Evo 2020 for last few nights its now my new car, did anyone ever make a server, even just for lap times or something? my SA is only at 42 and online i keep getting chucked into either night races or races full of smashers!

Soldato
Everyone still playing this? just downloaded the new DLC's and have been driving round in the new Ferrari GT3 Evo 2020 for last few nights its now my new car, did anyone ever make a server, even just for lap times or something? my SA is only at 42 and online i keep getting chucked into either night races or races full of smashers!
Take a look at thesimgrid.com. They're setting up a daily racing setup too @ beta.thesimgrid.com which gets a good turn out. A few real life GT drivers have dropped into those races too (David Perel, Nick Foster, Kelvin van de Linde, etc).

Back
Top Bottom