PC upgrade....

Associate
Good evening,

Unfortunately I do not have the money for a complete system rebuild atm, so I was hoping I could upgrade what I have in order to play post scriptum or squad.

My system is as follows
i5 -2500k cpu @3.30ghz 3301mhz 4 cores
Windows 10
Motherboard is MSi P67A-GD53 (MS -7681)
8GB RAM
Graphics card AMD RADEON HD 5450

I am really hoping I have a base of a ok system and with some investment of maybe some RAM and a graphics card I would be good to go. Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?, and if someone can recommend what graphics card is compatible etc..it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Soldato
Your upgrades should, in order, be GPU, SSD if you don't already have one, and then CPU. In your case upgrading the CPU will involve replacing the motherboard and RAM as well. Note that you can carry the GPU and SSD forward to a new system. The good news is that the minimum requirements for Post Scriptum are quite light. Squad has the same requirements.

Have you got a good CPU cooler? If so, can you overclock your CPU on that motherboard?

Soldato
A second hand RX570/580 would be a good bet depending on your PSU.

If you've a decent HSF that 2500K should easily push 4.4-4.6.

An SSD and another 8GB of RAM wouldn't hurt, I'd look second hand for the RAM though.

Soldato
A second hand RX570/580 would be a good bet depending on your PSU.

Good point. We need to know if your PSU has one or more 8 pin or 6 pin (or both) PCIE power plugs. If your PSU has neither then you could still upgrade to a GTX 1650 (non-Super) or another card that works off the 75W that the motherboard will supply.

I think that upgrading the RAM is just throwing money away unless you get it very very cheap.

Back
Top Bottom