• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
For Sony to launch their next major Playstation with a diskless SKU implies to me that there wont be backwards compatibility beyond the PS4.

There's no way they would invest in the R&D for disk based backwards compatibility with PS1, PS2 and PS3 now that they have the excuse to say "We didn't do it because % of user base don't even have the disc tray. But look, we've extended the Classics library on the PSN store so you can rebuy the games we've already sold you 3 times."

Soldato
Anyone else think pricing might be quite late on both machines? With the world being so volatile both companies might seek to wait as long as possible before committing to pricing.

Soldato
Did you expect PS3 and earlier BC? I don't think there has been mention of BC beyond PS4 from Sony at any point.
I expect them to make the effort at least yes. I know it's not easy, especially the PS3, but if Microsoft can do it with the Series X and actually enhance old games, then why can't Sony put the effort in?

Myself and many others have been hoping for a system that allows you to play PS1 and PS2 games on modern HDTV's without it looking like crap. They did it on the original PS3 that launched in the US, but we never got it in the UK, our version only had partial support done through software which they eventually gave up on (and they charged us more for.)

Soldato
Watched it, haven't bought a PS since PS1 almost at release day.
Didn't see a single game that wasn't a cut scene or average. Didn't see any innovation in what you could participate in, some things did look good but game play, left wanting.
Play as a cat was a highlight of the event. Even then the cat looked very wonky in places.
RE, in a village, an old guy that looks, old.

For a cynical hat wearer, when's the new FIFA out for this platform?

Soldato
very disappointed, demon's souls remastered is the only game showed that interests me and I can play that on pc or ps3
sick of generic third person games, where's all the innovative new IPs we used to get with new gen consoles??

Which IPs released on console launch would those be then? Typically it takes a console a year or two before the good stuff comes.

Associate
73152_1_the-playstation-5-meme-storm-has-begun.jpg

Caporegime
Not a console person, but still interested in this stuff.

Couldn't make it much more ugly.
Looks really cheap

The xbox won't fit in the TV unit, but least it looks good

Looks like a kids year 6 materials project and the copydex glue is coming away from the top and bottom slices.

Its a really bizarre design choice. How can anyone think that design has general appeal

Last edited:
Associate
Honestly, non of the games showcased looked any different from the current PS4 ones, so I'll wait until that changes before even considering buying one.

Soldato
Honestly, non of the games showcased looked any different from the current PS4 ones, so I'll wait until that changes before even considering buying one.
Are you for real? The games looked so much more detailed and the ray tracing clearly made a big difference as well.

Remember though, the live stream was only 1080p 30fps. So not really giving a great look at the full 4k experience.

The trailers now added to playstions YouTube channel are all 4k and look way better.

Soldato
GT7 looks lovely.

I wonder what stance Sony will take this gen with steering wheels, I know there were issues going from ps3 to ps4. I'd like to not have to buy a new one.

I don't mind the looks, I think it will grow on me. I would prefer a black one though. It wont stop me buying one.

Playstation remains the place to play the games I enjoy a few of them popped up in this.

Soldato
Tried to stay up to watch the reveal but fell asleep lol, will catch up now though.

Edit: Ok that's an interesting design, looks like a router. Torn between the physical or digital edition..

Last edited:
Associate
Are you for real? The games looked so much more detailed and the ray tracing clearly made a big difference as well.

Remember though, the live stream was only 1080p 30fps. So not really giving a great look at the full 4k experience.

The trailers now added to playstions YouTube channel are all 4k and look way better.

I stand corrected. The videos look way better than the live stream.

Back
Top Bottom