Samsung TV's - Q60,70,80,85,90 which one?

Associate
however if looking at top end samsung i'd rather buy an LG OLED.

For me it came down to burn in putting me off OLED. If it was just me watching I'd probably have gone with it, but having young kids I can just see it being problematic.

They do look good though, and would otherwise have been the obvious upgrade for me coming from an old Panasonic Plasma.

Soldato
My daughter wants a TV in her room so was looking at various 32" models. The latest samsung offering is supposed to be crap.

anyways, that set me down a path and I'm now considering moving our current bedroom TV (40" samsung 2017 model) to her room and pick up a 43" Q60 for ours. Currys have £50 off, and with my works voucher scheme comes in at around £450.

Does anyone know how good the apple TV app is?

Cheers

Associate

I've got an Apple TV 4k so not had the need to try the Apple TV app available for the Samsung yet, is there something in particular you would use it for? (Maybe a dumb question, I think mainly it's for viewing iTunes purchased/rented movies right?)

Soldato
I've got an Apple TV 4k so not had the need to try the Apple TV app available for the Samsung yet, is there something in particular you would use it for? (Maybe a dumb question, I think mainly it's for viewing iTunes purchased/rented movies right?)

Thanks for the reply mate, but I ended up ordering last years samsung 32” for her (which also comes with Apple TV)

It was basically what it was like really, daft question perhaps but I know things aren’t always what they seem. It’s actually just like the Apple TV app on the Apple TV so I’m pleased with that. I’ve logged her into my account so she can get access to the iTunes library and watch fraggle rock :D

Soldato
My daughter wants a TV in her room so was looking at various 32" models. The latest samsung offering is supposed to be crap.

anyways, that set me down a path and I'm now considering moving our current bedroom TV (40" samsung 2017 model) to her room and pick up a 43" Q60 for ours. Currys have £50 off, and with my works voucher scheme comes in at around £450.

Cheers

The difference between the Apple TV app and the full Apple TV box is the lack of access to the movie extras. The app simply plays the movie, which in 99% of cases is fine.

The only issue I have come across is the Aliens box set as apple have placed the special editions of the movies in the extras menus so all you have in the app is the theatrical editions, come to think of it the Harry potter movies also have extended editions in the menus as does the fantastic beast movies.

Soldato
I had a 55KS7000 before buying a 65Q85R last year. The difference in pic quality is marked with the Q85R being brighter and having stronger colours. HDR is far, far superior. I paid a hell of a lot for it on release day and I don’t regret it.

Can’t comment on the Q70.

Back
Top Bottom