• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I assume the XSX will support multiple SSD carts? So, for example, you could have driving games on one cart, FPS on another cart and you can just swap them in and out willy nilly with the console updating the library screen as necessary? I haven't really seen anything about this but I guess it will be an expensive way of doing things, maybe £150 per 1TB cart.

£150/Tb? for the fastest (and proprietary) SSD ever made? i think that's extremely hopeful.

Soldato
If their proprietary slot is the only way to expand the storage on the console then they have the market wrapped up and they'll charge a premium for it, just like they did with the 360 drives. I don't expect it to be any less than £200 initially but if there's zero competition then who knows? they could price it however they like.

Soldato
£150/Tb? for the fastest (and proprietary) SSD ever made? i think that's extremely hopeful.

Proprietary yes but is it the fastest SSD ever? The internal SSD is 2.4GB/sec which is of course no slouch but that's relatively standard for a PCI-E 3.0 SSD. PCI-E 4.0 SSDs are even faster at 5GB/sec plus but I'm not sure what sort of speeds they're targeting for the cards, have I missed something around that?

Bearing in mind you can get a 1TB PCI-E 3.0 SSD with 2.4GB/sec reads for around £120 I think £150-180 is perhaps possible. Albeit slightly optimistic :)

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
Will there be a thing where you can buy and play the same game on PC and X? Whilst initially thinking x didn't make any sense, I've rethought it after seeing the Sony show last night. Exclusives seem to be a dying thing and I'm more interested in Forza than GT and what used to tie me to Sony is now all on Xbox anyway.

Caporegime
OP
Will there be a thing where you can buy and play the same game on PC and X? Whilst initially thinking x didn't make any sense, I've rethought it after seeing the Sony show last night. Exclusives seem to be a dying thing and I'm more interested in Forza than GT and what used to tie me to Sony is now all on Xbox anyway.

They do with first party titles now so I expect that to continue but can't see third parties getting on board and losing revenue. If anyone was going to do it, I'd expect CDPR to have announced it for Cyberpunk 2077. But it's probably a tough sell getting them to agree to giving you a Series X version if you buy an Xbone version - looking at EA as an example - let alone giving you an Xbox and PC version.

Soldato
gPjZknn
I may be back on the Series X train after seeing the PS5 console size.

Urgh my tag has gone weird.

Soldato
Thanks buddy. So is this a possible deal breaker for anyone else? I don't like the design or the size. I'm thinking about waiting for a potential slim.

With the clock speeds they are claiming cant see a slim ever coming theres no way they would be able to cool it unless it throttles all the time

Soldato
I prefer the design of the SX, it just looks like a more serious piece of design than a toy or a gimmick.

Ideally I would like both...

Soldato
I prefer the design of the SX, it just looks like a more serious piece of design than a toy or a gimmick.

Ideally I would like both...

mhm the Sx looks like a pc that I would just hide away or maybe not even hide cause so it's so "plain" that it won't even be noticed on an entertainMeant unit. The ps5 is designed to stand out, to be the center of attention. There are things I like about both designs and dislike about both

Back
Top Bottom