Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Associate
I think (I hope not as it's a bit of a faff, but it's the only way I got it to work), you have to save the data via sidequest, then uninstall and go through the same process as before to get it updated. I hope there is a quicker way, but that's what I did.

Soldato
I like the inclusive beat saber songs but the gap between normal and hard modes is too big. I can complete all the songs on normal, often without missing a note, but ive only completed a couple of songs on hard.

I do need more songs though. Can anyone recommend any must have custom songs? I like the dance ones rather than the rock ones.

Caporegime
My favourite custom songs (sadly dance is criminally under-represented in general):

Madeon - Icarus <-- Best dance track custom imo
Walk The Moon - Shut Up and Dance <--- SO MUCH FUN!
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
Dua Lipa - Break My Heart
Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark
Eminem - Lose Yourself
GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know
Under The Sea (Little Mermaid)
Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies

I have also made a few maps myself, finished Veracocha - Carte Blanche, and am currently working on the Seven Lions remix of Velvetine - The Great Divide

Soldato
Im a bit disappointed in what included/custom songs are available really. a lot of the ones I thought might be good are only done in expert or hard modes. I tried making one myself and it did work but by the time I'd spent lots of hours making it and testing it, it wasn't fun to play any more.

The game needs more of a career mode imo. I got to about level 16 ish on challenge mode but the difficulty ramps up so quick i can't get any further.

Associate
I have also made a few maps myself, finished Veracocha - Carte Blanche, and am currently working on the Seven Lions remix of Velvetine - The Great Divide

First ones a classic and the second I haven't heard anyone mention - or have any inkling what it is, when I do! Great tracks man, I need to learn how to do this!!

Soldato
i deleted BMBF, uninstalled and reinstalled. Bit disappointed though as there are no new songs at all. The app logo within quest suggested 42 new songs so don't know what that's all about. There is none?

Correct procedure for updating Beat Saber when there is an update.

Uninstall Beat Saber.
DO NOT UNINSTALL BMBF
Install new version of Beat Saber.
Run it to the menu then quit
Run the Windows Client version of BMBF installer and re-apply BMBF via USB cable. It will then mod Beat Saber again and then you can re-apply your custom songs. (When you uninstall Beat Saber your BMBF mod, config and songs stay on the Quest)

Soldato
Am I the only one who just doesn't "Get" beat saber?

did you try it?

I know people who hated how the game looked on videos and thought they would hate it. But when they tried it out, loved it.

I haven't played it either, but, I would imagine it's a very addictive game.

Soldato
did you try it?

I know people who hated how the game looked on videos and thought they would hate it. But when they tried it out, loved it.

I haven't played it either, but, I would imagine it's a very addictive game.

My wife isn't a gamer, except for simple mobile puzzle games, but she loves Beat Saber.

Soldato
Beat Saber is just a great dance'athon. Play something like living da vida loca and you'll totally get it.

My current jam is Alpha Beats fascination, it's awesome. There's plenty of slower songs out there, but they tend to be a little boring once you've 'got it' and is going with the flow of the expert stuff.

Soldato
Still struggling to find any songs I like. All what I would call classics, don't exist. I was discussing it on Discord last night. All the mappers on there seem to be young, so have no nostalgic tendency towards the 90's dance classics that would make such great beat saber songs.

In terms of level difficulty, im struggling with certain combinations especially when they come at you unexpectedly. There are some very poor maps out there too, despite having good ratings on bsaber.

Soldato
Beat Saber is just a great dance'athon. Play something like living da vida loca and you'll totally get it.

My current jam is Alpha Beats fascination, it's awesome. There's plenty of slower songs out there, but they tend to be a little boring once you've 'got it' and is going with the flow of the expert stuff.

Yeah get some good tunes on there and its great. One of my favourites if not the favourite is Weapon of Choice, especially if you know the Music Video. The best ones are the ones that get you to replicate the dance moves or what they do in the music video.

Still struggling to find any songs I like. All what I would call classics, don't exist. I was discussing it on Discord last night. All the mappers on there seem to be young, so have no nostalgic tendency towards the 90's dance classics that would make such great beat saber songs.

In terms of level difficulty, im struggling with certain combinations especially when they come at you unexpectedly. There are some very poor maps out there too, despite having good ratings on bsaber.

You can always try the automapper thats out, forget what its called its not brilliant but you upload your song, it works out the map then gives you the map files to incorporate into BS.

Back
Top Bottom