AMD launches B550 motherboards

Caporegime
Well, the Asus x570s are back in stock on OCUK (for now), i'm about to pull the trigger on the ITX, but it's up to £289! (up from £266 as listed *elsewhere*). Quick question before i do, should i reuse the RAM i have now? (rated for 2666MHz) and just OC it to 3200? or should i bundle a ram kit with the board?

You can of course reuse the ram, OC it to 3200 and then upgrade later if you need to. The performance difference is not going to change the world.

Associate
Didn't want to make a thread for this but was just wondering.

Will all future motherboards that have slightly better features require fans? i.e. will a board with all the bandwidth/features of X570 ever be fanless?

Caporegime
Now that is an exit. :D

PS: You are far too sensitive to let such an insignificant thing get you so enraged... take a short break from the interwebs. :)

Last edited:
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
wow, somebody is a bit touchy. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

FYI, the price of the Tomahawk Max has "jumped" by £5 since I first listed it. As I explained in the Tomahawk thread I did a deal on a direct order when I sold the first lot. Since then the stock received has come through the distribution channel and so the price had to be tweaked slightly to cover the slight change in cost pricing.

If you are going to have a rant it's helpful if you have your facts correct first.

My point, which I really didn't feel like spelling out for you is that nobody can tell you if a chipset fan will be needed for a chipset which does not yet exist.

I'm not going to ban you for being a moody sod but I do hope that you calm down a bit.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
That's unclear at the moment because I'm still fighting over the pricing. There currently appears to be a considerable variance from one brand to another and I don't want to raise purchase orders with the wrong pricing on them.

I can say 100% that we won't have all lines in stock by Tuesday. I'm not sure that we'll have any. There is a small amount of stock due Monday/Tuesday but with all the releases recently board supply is patchy. There's only so much production capacity, so the vendors will obviously prioritise lines that they expect will be popular, and speaking frankly, nobody expects B550 to be popular right now.

Soldato
IMO the Tardis response was far better than a boring & sterile "corporate" line. The fact the staff are actually human and not afraid to have a laugh with their customers is exactly why I like the forum and OcUK in general.

That's unclear at the moment because I'm still fighting over the pricing. There currently appears to be a considerable variance from one brand to another and I don't want to raise purchase orders with the wrong pricing on them.

I can say 100% that we won't have all lines in stock by Tuesday. I'm not sure that we'll have any. There is a small amount of stock due Monday/Tuesday but with all the releases recently board supply is patchy. There's only so much production capacity, so the vendors will obviously prioritise lines that they expect will be popular, and speaking frankly, nobody expects B550 to be popular right now.

My take away from that is there may be some boards in stock by Tuesday? :D

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
it's honestly going to depend on our warehouse, we are very busy at the moment and we're expecting a lot of deliveries at the start of next week. I can't guarantee that they'll have the time to book the stock in.

Associate
I'm looking at something with PCIe Gen 4.0, so between the B550 and X570. If these prices are true, I might as well go for X570.

Associate

Thanks for the reply

I can see a few places have started to list the new B550 boards as pre-order with a 16th June ship date

I'm looking at the MSI MAG B550M Mortar and B550M AORUS PRO mainly also, if they can come in even at £150 I would still go for one over the cheapest decent X570 boards would seem to begin around £200, as would prefer MATX, the VRM's look good, no chipset fan and the X570 MATX options aren't great.

Back
Top Bottom