• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Sony has been slightly quiet on the whole backwards compatibility though. They've said the 100 "most popular" games will work but they've stopped short of actually committing to backwards compatibility for specific games or hardware like psvr.

What makes me laugh is talking to people who've bought the latest Samsung/Apple phone and I ask them whether it's worth the money. To which they always reply

"I'd never spend £1000 on a phone this one's only £80 a month (2 year contract)" :D

I'm sure Microsoft and Sony will switch to contact deals in the near future as most people seem incapable of working out simple arithmetic!

Sony have said they are testing around 4000 PS4 games, and most should work on PS5, the 100 quote was the initial testing of the 100 most played PS4 games. They have said the PSVR will work, not sure what the camera situation will be though.

Soldato
that a lot of people cant work out the true value of things

like someone moaning at paying £40 for the latest AAA game title that's probably going to give 20+ hours of entertainment

Whats that £2 an hour?

That's cheap entertainment, the same people are likely to pay a tenner to go watch a movie at the cinema
Ah ok I get you, and agree.

I'm happy to pay the expected asking price for console and games, I've spent more than a few games on one night out before now...

Soldato
Something struck me earlier. There is a bit of unrest about the price but I ask how many of those people (talking generally) own iPhones and other flagship handsets that cost £500 plus and they may only keep a year or two.
£600 for something that may last 7 years again doesn't seem that much.

Man of Honour
Caporegime
Freaking hell the PS5 is kinda ugly but I saw a comparison of all consoles ie previous and current including the new Xbox and the PS5 dwarfs all of them in size lol.
Quite a few epically funny memes out as well :p

Associate
Was all ready to start with a PS5 this gen, then the announcement of Gran Turismo cemented that further, and then the console reveal I'm sorry but if it was all black that would be fine but it's disgusting.
The Series X isn't exactly a looker, but at least it will match everything else on my tv unit, and will just about fit in the gap sideways.

Don
Was all ready to start with a PS5 this gen, then the announcement of Gran Turismo cemented that further, and then the console reveal I'm sorry but if it was all black that would be fine but it's disgusting.
The Series X isn't exactly a looker, but at least it will match everything else on my tv unit, and will just about fit in the gap sideways.

I find it baffling anyone would choose the look of a console over a game they love. Absolute madness!

Associate
For me the biggest disappointment of the whole presentation was the fact that the next Spiderman game will be PS5 exclusive and will not be out on hardware that can clearly handle it (PS4).

I get it that they want to sell machines but leaving their PS4 base without this game is a big miss. I will not be able to get a PS5 for a number of years (if at all) and I would love to play a new Spiderman game. I always thought that we would see a sequel on the PS4 tbh.

Soldato
Why are they hiding the rear ports? My theory is that it won't support the old PS4 camera which uses a dedicated AUX port and so you have to fork out for the new camera if you have any chance of using PSVR.

Soldato
What makes me laugh is talking to people who've bought the latest Samsung/Apple phone and I ask them whether it's worth the money. To which they always reply

"I'd never spend £1000 on a phone this one's only £80 a month (2 year contract)" :D

I'm sure Microsoft and Sony will switch to contact deals in the near future as most people seem incapable of working out simple arithmetic!
TBF I would never spend that on a phone either so I agree with the sentiment.
I only got my Pixel 3 because it was a black Friday deal. £37/month for 2 years with 100GB of data a month.

Associate
I find it baffling anyone would choose the look of a console over a game they love. Absolute madness!
It's the only game I like on the Playstation and the uncharted series. Plus when the other half gives me grief about some white coloured abomination under the TV I cant be bothered with the ear ache. If it comes in black I'll buy it but untill then I'll stick with my one X or get the Series X

Back
Top Bottom