Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
wrecked my last walking trainers on the Camino ,not interested in any fashion aspects ,just trying a budget pair 35 quid,vegan ,breathable and obviously waterproof but i have the awesome seal socks also

IMG-20200612-173812.jpg

Soldato
Makes me laugh "vegan" products. The company that makes them derives its profit from non-vegan activities as well, so you are still contributing against your values.

Soldato
tbh the spec at the price was the main reason ,i shopped at aldi today and they sell meat theres no escaping it ,personal choice thats all ,i ate meat for many decades not preaching (may after afew drinks)

edit/ yeh and synthetic does tend to breathe better

edit 2 /dont want to debate in this thread but i went vegan for ethical reasons but have had total reversal of some medical issues as a result ,also put on some muscle mass (do use vegan protein )6 ft 2 88kg but called slim get loads of female attention and feel to have a cleaner soul ,Boom

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, the outreach properties are moving to FTTP first. Considering you were on 5mb before, it's no wonder they installed fibre for you.

Unfortunately for us (on 65mb) in a newish house, we'll be one of the last :(

Think of people like me, I'm in the middle of a city and don't have any access to fibre of any flavour so am stuck on 1MB/s ADSL2+. And BT refuses to give me any indication of when our cabinet will be activated. Their website has said this for the past few years...

ZVeEAu3.png

Yet the surrounding streets all have access to fibre. It's almost as if they made a mistake and forgot to upgrade our cabinet when they were doing the others but won't admit it. This is using an address not 50' from me.

gO7kxfx.png

Soldato
Yeah i'll let you know - obviously being colour blind I'm not sure as it is now what i'm 'missing' in terms of general colours outside so thought best to wait until it's actually sunny and a nice day. I've got a Strong Protan colour blindness which apparently these glasses work very well for, so we shall see.

Soldato
Yeah i'll let you know - obviously being colour blind I'm not sure as it is now what i'm 'missing' in terms of general colours outside so thought best to wait until it's actually sunny and a nice day. I've got a Strong Protan colour blindness which apparently these glasses work very well for, so we shall see.
Thank you, looking forward to it.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Unfortunately for us (on 65mb) in a newish house, we'll be one of the last :(

You may be lucky, we were in a new build in 2013 that had standard ADSL with a whopping 1 meg connection until 2017.

They eventually upgraded the cab to FTTC so we had 70 odd meg.

Then end of 2019 they installed fibre down the streets and we got FTTP out of nowhere, and no real reason/need for it.

Given the battle we had to get FTTC seems crazy they just installed the stuff FTTP, not that I’m complaining.

And this is just a relatively random town in Devon, not the middle of nowhere but not a big city.

Soldato
Christ, we get it boys. You've all got tiny willies, just embrace it! Less gym bros, more tat!

I got this, an 'Aerogarden'. It's hydroponics, and you can grow all sorts of things. I don't have a garden and have killed every potted herb plant I've ever bought so hopefully this will see better results. First sproutings are due any day now! I've got dill, 2 types of basil, chives, thyme and parsley in it. But hoping to get some edible flowers in at some point.

ZGo3oW2l.jpg
I had one many years ago and the thing was absolutely fantastic. My version held 12 pods, if I remember correctly. I stopped using it because I found I was replacing the bulbs pretty frequently. As CFL tech was fairly new at the time, they were pretty expensive. I suspect they use UV LED now?

Soldato
The downside to cycling so much... my car battery died. Went to drive to work Thursday and it just had that 'tick tick tick' for me. This morning, nothing. Not central locking or even any lights on the dashboard... luckily this fella saved it in seconds!

View attachment RgNDrhm.jpg
View attachment gNbpIWI.jpg

Funnily enough, when I went to buy the version below this one, I realised this one (up to 8L petrol cars) was on a lightning deal! So I got it for £26 less than normal! Still, £144 is quite expensive, but I won't worry as much about the car battery now.

Back
Top Bottom