Valorant

Soldato
I have constant intermittent packet loss with DNA, here in Tampere Finland. It spikes between 8 to 30%, so I need to use ExitLag to avoid it. My ping is approx 30ms on my connection, using ExitLag puts it to around 50-60ms, this does not occur in other games. The packet loss issue is a real PITA, but thankfully there's a work around. Internet speed is around 500mbps:65 up, with about -5dB connection, it really shouldn't have such poor server connectivity but I'm guessing it has something to do with my ISP routing. Is there any future solutions for Finland? It seems rather common

You should be playing on Stockholm ideally,

Also - does this happen all the time, or does it only happen at peak times? (1800-2300)? And when you say it's rather common - do you have friends on different/same ISPs who have the same issue?

Not promising anything - could be one of a million different issues, but I'll see what I can see :)

Last edited:
Associate
Quite enjoying this even though I'm not very good (getting on a bit now so can't keep up with these youngsters). I'd like to squad up rather than play with randoms when ranked comes out so if anyone wants a game add me please.

Hawklord#1189

Associate
You should be playing on Stockholm ideally, please can you do me a favour?

Download 'WINMTR' and do two traceroutes for me, can you run it to 162.249.72.1, first normally, then with ExitLag turned on? Also - what's your ISP? (run each one for a few minutes)

If you take screenshots and post them in here - I can take a look,

Also - does this happen all the time, or does it only happen at peak times? (1800-2300)? And when you say it's rather common - do you have friends on different/same ISPs who have the same issue?

Not promising anything - could be one of a million different issues, but I'll see what I can see :)

Sure thing buddy, I'll get on to it later this evening. Yes it's at all times, ExitLag and muliti-connection wtfast fix it, but I'll do as you requested and will be very grateful if you can determine anything . No worries if not. If I do not use a public server then it occurs always, however with a public IP and Elisa service provider the issue is not present, which to me may suggest an ISP routing issue. It occurs with both providers on non public IP's. Normal ping suggests that I'm connecting to Stockholm (30ms, 4G connection)

ISP is DNA Finland

Soldato
ISP is DNA Finland

Hi, it's almost certainly a local issue - we have quite a few players on DNA and all their performance data looks really good, if we had any serious issues or lots of players with the same issue - we'd see it.

When you say is occurs with a non-public IP - is your ISP doing some sort of NAT? does it give you the option to use both?

Associate
Hi, it's almost certainly a local issue - we have quite a few players on DNA and all their performance data looks really good, if we had any serious issues or lots of players with the same issue - we'd see it.

When you say is occurs with a non-public IP - is your ISP doing some sort of NAT? does it give you the option to use both?

They give the option to use a public IP or a non-public one by using different profiles within the modems provided. I actually find myself a little confused with this WinMTR, which host am I connecting to? as I do not know Valorant server IP addresses. Any assistance is very much appreciated and if I can fix this it would greatly help and save a few euros.

I am guessing the NAT type is signified within the modem? I believe DNA uses a strict NAT for non-public servers and NAT or public IP and open ports except for a few. Putting the modem in bridged mode doesn't seem to help either so I don't see it being a port issue on my side?

Associate

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| dna.mokkula - 0 | 78 | 78 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 87-95-127-254.bb.dnainternet.fi - 0 | 78 | 78 | 24 | 140 | 238 | 26 |
| lah3-sr1.dnaip.fi - 0 | 78 | 78 | 14 | 25 | 42 | 20 |
| lah1-tr3.dnaip.fi - 0 | 78 | 78 | 14 | 26 | 59 | 23 |
| lah1-sr21.dnaip.fi - 0 | 78 | 78 | 15 | 25 | 42 | 23 |
| hol1-tr4.dnaip.fi - 0 | 78 | 78 | 24 | 36 | 68 | 32 |
| rma1-tr4.dnaip.fi - 0 | 78 | 78 | 22 | 36 | 67 | 24 |
| tuk2-sr1.dnaip.fi - 0 | 78 | 78 | 26 | 34 | 46 | 31 |
| as57976-10g-sk1.sthix.net - 0 | 78 | 78 | 28 | 38 | 107 | 31 |
| ae1-br01-eqsk1.as57976.net - 0 | 78 | 78 | 43 | 123 | 862 | 50 |
| et-0-0-3-br01-eqam1.as57976.net - 84 | 18 | 3 | 331 | 1660 | 3118 | 3118 |
| 137.221.78.81 - 0 | 78 | 78 | 41 | 55 | 121 | 50 |
| 137.221.66.47 - 0 | 78 | 78 | 43 | 52 | 68 | 50 |
| 185.60.112.157 - 0 | 78 | 78 | 42 | 52 | 68 | 50 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

This is info from overwatch servers for example

Soldato
They give the option to use a public IP or a non-public one by using different profiles within the modems provided. I actually find myself a little confused with this WinMTR, which host am I connecting to? as I do not know Valorant server IP addresses. Any assistance is very much appreciated and if I can fix this it would greatly help and save a few euros.

I am guessing the NAT type is signified within the modem? I believe DNA uses a strict NAT for non-public servers and NAT or public IP and open ports except for a few. Putting the modem in bridged mode doesn't seem to help either so I don't see it being a port issue on my side?

If it's giving you the option to use a public IP or a non-public IP, that usually means the provider is doing some sort of NAT inside their network (cgnat, normally to save costs) but I don't know anything about DNA so I'm just guessing here, but if it's fine for overwatch (as the above traceroute appears to show, it's probably not an issue with your PC)

I pinged you back via email, easier to carry on there :)

Associate
If it's giving you the option to use a public IP or a non-public IP, that usually means the provider is doing some sort of NAT inside their network (cgnat, normally to save costs) but I don't know anything about DNA so I'm just guessing here, but if it's fine for overwatch (as the above traceroute appears to show, it's probably not an issue with your PC)

I pinged you back via email, easier to carry on there :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply to one mere mortal :D

Quite enjoying this even though I'm not very good (getting on a bit now so can't keep up with these youngsters). I'd like to squad up rather than play with randoms when ranked comes out so if anyone wants a game add me please.

Hawklord#1189

I will add you buddy! Don't expect miracles tho :D

Soldato
Good fun - runs well on an average PC so my son (12) is playing it as well. Nice to have something we can both play again on PC without the need to upgrade all the time!

Managed to get to diamond 1 last night :D really enjoying this, with a decent team it’s brilliant

Nice!!
I'm sat at silver 3 after a disastrous 5 initial games set me at bronze but working my way up after 7 wins out of 10 yesterday, really liking this game, has a lot more depth to it than I first thought and ranked gives you something to aim for.

Associate
I'm still really enjoying it, sitting in low-mid gold at the moment but bouncing around quite a bit!

The only consistent issue I'm having right now is having Russians on my team. It feels like an almost insurmountable disadvantage if you have 2-3 people on the team that can't communicate at all (Russians are muted/deafened due to some nonsense law).

Soldato
I'm still really enjoying it, sitting in low-mid gold at the moment but bouncing around quite a bit!

The only consistent issue I'm having right now is having Russians on my team. It feels like an almost insurmountable disadvantage if you have 2-3 people on the team that can't communicate at all (Russians are muted/deafened due to some nonsense law).

yeah communication and coordinating with your team is massive in this. When it first came out in beta the devs beat down on cs go pros just through better teamwork

Soldato
Been playing this recently and placed iron 3 and quite happy with that considering i usually end up with so far 2 teams of complete non English speakers with pings above 150 so what on earth is going on with this recently as never had this issue before. Also a few games where the server has been abysmal with packet loss and latency issues.

Back
Top Bottom