Replacement battery for iphone 6s Plus

Soldato
Much like the S8 battery thread a few below, I'm looking for a reliable source.

Replaced the original battery last November and my daughter didn't complain about it. In fact she said it sorted her problems.

However, I'm now using said phone and I'd have to nurse it to get through the day. My memory of iPhone Plus models is that they shouldn't need that.

Other than the usual gamble on ebay or amazon, any suggestions? Or could anybody point me to reasonable sellers on those places?

Soldato
Yes I'm sure they can but I'm looking to spend around 15-20 quid to do it myself rather than the 80 quid apple will want. Plus, I've already replaced the screen so they probably wouldn't touch it.
It’s £49 from Apple
And we can do the repair even with third party components, however Apple isn’t liable if the third party component becomes damaged during repair

Soldato
OP
It’s £49 from Apple
And we can do the repair even with third party components, however Apple isn’t liable if the third party component becomes damaged during repair

Thanks. I did just check the price and saw that it was more reasonable for the older models.

Also interesting to read the part about repairing in the presence of third party components. (I presume you work for Apple?)

Still a lot more than I want to spend on this phone though, after all it's just a battery. I just don't want a crap one that dies after a couple of months.

Soldato
Thanks. I did just check the price and saw that it was more reasonable for the older models.

Also interesting to read the part about repairing in the presence of third party components. (I presume you work for Apple?)

Still a lot more than I want to spend on this phone though, after all it's just a battery. I just don't want a crap one that dies after a couple of months.
I do

Soldato
Just pay the £49 and be done with it? At least you then have a genuine part without the worry of it being a potential fake. I mean you could save up over a week or two and it will hardly break the bank.

Soldato
OP
If it was my daily driver and worth a lot of money I would.

However this misses the point of this thread. It's an easy job so if I can find a reputable source then why not save money on this DIY project that I've already changed the screen on. It would be like paying dealer prices to change the oil on a bashed up old car. Besides, getting Apple to change a screen under the current restrictions is also hassle.

So I see your logic, but it doesn't apply in this instance.

Soldato
I bought a Yontex from the rainforest for my old work 6s plus about a year ago, swapped it myself and gave it to my daughter.
No idea if its any good or not but it’s still going strong to this day and she’s had no issues at all so the £21 it cost was well spent.

Soldato
OP
Yontex battery for 6 Plus is £22.99, 8 Plus, £23.99,

The only one I can see for 6s Plus is £50.00

50009090026_c21df963b1_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom