• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
I think a 650w would be plenty even for a 350w Gpu as its not like the CPUs going to be pulling 200+w while gaming especially a ryzen CPU, cpu 100w Gpu 350w and 50w for the rest of the system.

you would get close as you need to factor in motherboard (vrm switching power loss), ram, drives, fans and water pumps all of that plus a cpu and the gpu could get up there or even surpass 650w.

my 3900x with a all core 4.4ghz clock can pull around 154-179w depending on what its doing, gaming is 150ish and under synthetic load it peaks 179w

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I bought it for 475 quid.

So quite happy with it.

I've got my laptop with an RTX2070 in so I'm happy knowing I've got 400 quid towards a next gen card or console whichever makes more sense.
Yep. That’s good. I may even go for a RTX 3080 this time around if they come out before the 3070 and just sell it 2-3 months before new cards hit, would probably lose no more than £100. These days people seem to be happy to pay near brand new prices for second hand gear :p:D

Soldato
Yep. That’s good. I may even go for a RTX 3080 this time around if they come out before the 3070 and just sell it 2-3 months before new cards hit, would probably lose no more than £100. These days people seem to be happy to pay near brand new prices for second hand gear :p:D

I'm kind hoping the 3080 comes in around 600 quid

Associate
Anyone sitting on a Turing card needs to sell it now for peanuts. They'll literally be worthless in a couple of weeks. 2080ti owners kiss £800/$800 goodbye. It's game over man!

Associate
So you bought one of the very best gpu's in history and will never go back. Nothing more to be said really.
+1 If you didn't like the 9800 you have bizarre requirements from a GPU, essentially you will pay more for less just because something is made by Nvidia. Good luck with that philosophy.

Soldato
Was it on members market? :p

No :) it was on a big 2nd hand online market used here in Denmark. Fools there always think they can get full price but in case of my 1080 ti, it was actually the cheapest as the retail price for one at the time was around 120 pounds higher than what I wanted for mine. Sold it within 24 hours :D. Usually, I don't charge that much but if the market wants to pay full price I will sure as kittens let it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No :) it was on a big 2nd hand online market used here in Denmark. Fools there always think they can get full price but in case of my 1080 ti, it was actually the cheapest as the retail price for one at the time was around 120 pounds higher than what I wanted for mine. Sold it within 24 hours :D. Usually, I don't charge that much but if the market wants to pay full price I will sure as kittens let it.
Indeed :D

Associate
i'd say a absolute minimum of 750w will be needed, to play it safe i'd say around 1000w+ will be needed if you plan any kind of gpu and cpu overclock plus watercooling because 350w is a lot to keep cool XD if the leak is true that is

Guess il have to get a 3070 or something as im not upgrading my psu as well lol

Ive only got a 650w psu will i be ok ? lol

If in doubt just buy one of these, they cost around £10.
Most of the time I'm measuring well under 400w during gaming.

inline_watt_meter.jpg

Soldato
Guess il have to get a 3070 or something as im not upgrading my psu as well lol

3070 probably crippled with 8GB VRAM. Nvidia will extract their ounce of flesh, 3080/3090/ti/fx extreme imba cool kid editions will be the cards to get :D

I'm hopeful that NV are only pushed to release a rumoured 350W inferno as big Navi is a threat, though AMD will probably cripple themselves with a terrible cooler/terrible drivers on launch. Hopefully not though!

Associate
I hope the rumours about the TDP are not true. I was planning on getting the 3080ti. Don’t think my 650W Seasonic gold psu can cut it at that high tdp.

Back
Top Bottom