• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
These things are awesome, love mine. I can programme my electricity price into it so it tells me how much electricity I'm buying

So you dont plug your pc into the nearest council lampost like the rest of us then? Jk :p

I have a similar setup although mainly use it for seeing how much wattage the system consumes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aye 1080ti held a good price for quite a while when the 2080ti hit. Suddenly a 2080ti at £900 sounds good when the 3080ti arrives at £1799 ! ;)

image.gif

Bargain!

The only sad part is you’re probably right. What with the ps5 showcasing 4k 30fps.

Double the RTX performance, double the price. New nvidia slogan :p

Soldato
image.gif

Bargain!

The only sad part is you’re probably right. What with the ps5 showcasing 4k 30fps.

Double the RTX performance, double the price. New nvidia slogan :p

Would be insane if we get a second release in a row where price/performance does not change going from current card to next gen. Those that grabbed a 1080ti on release already got the deal of the century because of that last time round.

Soldato
if they did then the 10900k would be a ice berg in comparison you'd be looking around 500-700w for a gpu which wouldn't be possible without watercooling as standard , even then a dual card would be very hard to make and cost a huge amount, and run very very warm
Rumor:
Regular GPU manufactured at TMSC 7nm
Co-processor for ray tracing (on back of card) manufactured at Samsung
Along with controller that plays games on tv. That is a competitor to consoles (like Stadia??). It connects via wifi or 5g. And VR headset.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rumor:
Regular GPU manufactured at TMSC 7nm
Co-processor for ray tracing (on back of card) manufactured at Samsung
Along with controller that plays games on tv. That is a competitor to consoles (like Stadia??). It connects via wifi or 5g. And VR headset.

Someone has been watching Coreteks ;) Don't forget the holographic images on the VR headset. He's gone big on speculation, will interesting to see how close he is to the reality.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
He's either got a very good source or is going to look very silly in a few months. Seems to make sense though if dedicated hardware can be faster and more efficient.

They don’t mind looking silly though. Adored has ended up with egg on his face more than once and it does not seem to make any difference, his viewership keeps increasing. They all cottoned on from wtftech that people (as usual loadsamoney comes to mind) love rumours and don’t care if made up, you can just make it up and if not true say “the source” got it wrong.

Soldato
They don’t mind looking silly though. Adored has ended up with egg on his face more than once and it does not seem to make any difference, his viewership keeps increasing. They all cottoned on from wtftech that people (as usual loadsamoney comes to mind) love rumours and don’t care if made up, you can just make it up and if not true say “the source” got it wrong.

Not entirely fair I feel. Rumors are always subject to sudden changes in idea, design or execution. It doesn't mean that what was told at the time was incorrect. However, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the leakers are actually corporate people trying to control the flow. I like to watch stuff from Coreteks or Adored, it doesn't mean I always agree or come to the same conclusion. But I find it interesting to hear about other people's unique perspective and measure them towards my own. Sometimes I learn something. Personally I don't feel Adored nor Coreteks are making stuff up, can't speak however for their sources.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not entirely fair I feel. Rumors are always subject to sudden changes in idea, design or execution. It doesn't mean that what was told at the time was incorrect. However, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the leakers are actually corporate people trying to control the flow. I like to watch stuff from Coreteks or Adored, it doesn't mean I always agree or come to the same conclusion. But I find it interesting to hear about other people's unique perspective and measure them towards my own. Sometimes I learn something. Personally I don't feel Adored nor Coreteks are making stuff up, can't speak however for their sources.
Sure, but my point was they can get it wrong and it does not seem to matter and will not even “look silly”.

Back
Top Bottom