• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
I think I've bought it 5 times so far... bought GTA 5 on PS3 first, then got it again when I upgraded to the PS4, then a copy came with my Xbox One, and then I also have 2 copies on PC (one via Rockstar and one via Steam). Two versions on PC because one is kept vanilla so I can dip in and out of the official GTA Online servers and the other is heavily modded for roleplay servers through FiveM.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
because someone sat down and looked at the sales numbers and went “GTA5, that’s still popular, still in the charts, still selling. It’s still in people’s lives, it’s a guarantee hit”

it’s not about what’s impressive but about money.

PS I’ve bought it twice too.
Exactly, if it is still a cash cow, you keep milking it and keep on improving GTA6. It is what I would do, because if for some reason GTA6 is not as big of a hit they will have shot them selves in the foot. I am sure GTA5 will do fine for another 2 years, once sales on next gen consoles start to dry up they will release GTA6 :)

Plus this is a great opportunity for them to sell they GTA5 one more time again on next gen consoles.

I think I've bought it 5 times so far... bought GTA 5 on PS3 first, then got it again when I upgraded to the PS4, then a copy came with my Xbox One, and then I also have 2 copies on PC (one via Rockstar and one via Steam). Two versions on PC because one is kept vanilla so I can dip in and out of the official GTA Online servers and the other is heavily modded for roleplay servers through FiveM.
Soon you will have your 6th copy on PS5? :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They'll only release it once the next gen consoles have sold a sufficient number of units to make it worthwhile, I'd say it's at least 3 years away at best.
Makes sense to me. It is around then I will buy a PS5 myself, as that is when there will be a lot more games, and price will be down. I recon we will get it for £399 with an extra controller and game in 2-3 years time. That is when I intend to buy it. Zero interest in the Xbox, as I have a pc and play it’s exclusives on there if I wish.

Associate
Yep - sorry - all in story mode with mods.

**Think I've derailed the thread a bit**
Nah, it was Sony's fault for making GTA5 the opening to their big showcase.

Anyway, back on track... really hoping to see some more info about Pragmata in the next couple of months, the trailer looked good but was extremely vague on what it was actually about.

Soldato
PS5 this year for me, don't really need the X when the majority of the games are released on PC anyway.

Look forward to hearing more details soon.

Soldato
How small do you think cabinets are (assuming it's horizontal rather than vertical). I thinking fitting an Xbox under a TV will be harder.

Not sure there is a "harder" here. They're both potentially a problem, depending on the cabinet in question.

Both consoles are significantly larger than typical consoles/DVD players/set-top boxes. So if it's a cabinet with shelving designed for those, a Series X probably isn't going to fit. But the PS5 is hardly svelte either; with the stand it seems to be around 12.5cm thick. There's every chance neither will fit (which is the case with my unit). If the cabinet is designed to take home cinema amps, both are probably fine (though the PS5's length is pushing it, and may be too long for some units).

Neither will fit in my Besta unit as it's configured now. They're both too tall (when laid horizontally).

Last edited:
Associate
They both appear to be designed like chimneys, with the heat being drawn up through the top. The XsX will be an issue whichever way you have it, but I am eager to see how the PS5 copes laying down - will this affect the thermals significantly?

It’s funny, during the reveal I went giddy as a school kid when I saw GT7.......but now I think about it, I haven’t enjoyed a GT game for quite a while. Am really looking forward to GoW though.

Man of Honour
They both appear to be designed like chimneys, with the heat being drawn up through the top. The XsX will be an issue whichever way you have it, but I am eager to see how the PS5 copes laying down - will this affect the thermals significantly?

The amount of airflow caused by heat will be completely overshadowed by even the smallest amount of airflow from a fan.

Associate
Not sure there is a "harder" here. They're both potentially a problem, depending on the cabinet in question.

Both consoles are significantly larger than typical consoles/DVD players/set-top boxes. So if it's a cabinet with shelving designed for those, a Series X probably isn't going to fit. But the PS5 is hardly svelte either; with the stand it seems to be around 12.5cm thick. There's every chance neither will fit (which is the case with my unit). If the cabinet is designed to take home cinema amps, both are probably fine (though the PS5's length is pushing it, and may be too long for some units).

Neither will fit in my Besta unit as it's configured now. They're both too tall (when laid horizontally).

I'll just galvaband mine to the wall behind the tv like I did with my ps4.
All the curves have me a bit worried though

Back
Top Bottom