The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Associate
Nope. Good move.
I went from a bottom end basic Elite wheel on trainer to a Kickr back in 2016 and it remains a great piece of kit to this day.

Was hoping you would say that, I kind of needed to justify it to myself that this would be a good move.

I want to stop going gym and focus more on Cardio, figure Zwift would be a good place to start.

Associate
I've bit the bullet and bought the Kickr, my wife will kill me when it arrives :D

I figure that I've got the money for it, I want to treat myself, keep in shape, it should hold it's value well and it's all in the box, ready to go and not needing anything else. Wahoo say it's in stock so fingers crossed it's here for the weekend....... so if you don't hear from me beyond Sunday, call the police... I may be dead!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've bit the bullet and bought the Kickr, my wife will kill me when it arrives :D

I figure that I've got the money for it, I want to treat myself, keep in shape, it should hold it's value well and it's all in the box, ready to go and not needing anything else. Wahoo say it's in stock so fingers crossed it's hear for the weekend....... so if you don't hear from me beyond Sunday, call the police... I may be dead!

I bought mine on the 22nd December mate. I lived to tell the tale only just.
That was 4 years ago. She is still livid about it to this day.
May she show you mercy. Good luck.

Associate
I would love to see your partners reactions if they ever saw what you write about them :D
It's going to be one I try and sneak it in the house when she's out, and when she notices I'll try and claim I've had it for years and how has she never noticed..... the amount I have got away with that is laughable :p

Soldato
I'll be next in line too!

Got the tacx trainer off my mate as his kickr arrived from Sigma.

I had a Bluetooth dongle from an old keyboard which works well so all I've spent is £30 for a 16" floor fan.

Didn't make the race I meant to so got a 4 minute warm up and jumped into a C race. 285W for 30 mins felt hard enough and I had to leave to get the mrs from work. I'm ****** if it over reads haha.

Need to do an FTP test or a longer race to see where I'm at for training.

Associate
Wife/Kickr Update: It's arriving tomorrow, I still technically haven't told her it's coming :D

I'm coming clean with her today, I think this is going to cost me a little more as I foresee some sort of treat needed to keep her onside!

#prayforRusko

Soldato
My left foot unclipped at 830w in the sprint of a zwift race yesterday.
I nearly ate some garage wall. Not fun. Do not recommend.

Soldato
That sounds fun! Get some toe straps round your toes.

Did a quick race with the guy that gave me the turbo, didn't realise 5.6 miles could be so hard.

The downhills feel as hard as the climbs and I went super deep trying to catch back onto the group but no success there :o 399w for the last 2km vs 327w for my mate in the group.

Soldato
Once you are more than 5m off the back unless the group just totally sits up (which never happens) or there’s a small downhill/uphill it’s almost impossible to get back on.

Soldato
Yeah I'm still Learning the game side of things, first race I think I was up at 600W to get back on the bunch but I actually flew through the bunch and off the front.

Need to learn to pace it and wind it up rather than smash it.

Going to do a 41 mile 200-250W ride on Monday then a longer race on Tuesday and see what it says my FTP is at.

Associate
Well it arrived yesterday and she hasn't even seemed the slightest bit bothered about it, had a quick go on it last night and it's brilliant, don't have any regrets at all.

I did a 30 mile ride this morning, so will not bother tonight but will be having a go on it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom