If you could change an event in your life what would it be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
my youngest daughter didn't pass her grammar school test (my oldest was in already) she went to secondary ,then Warwick unI then UCL now a doctor of science ,working with (not for) the government ,so dosnt always figure (although my eldest also has an awesome job in heritage)

Associate
OP
Why do you consider yourself a failure and her a success?

She has a better job than me, more expensive house.

my youngest daughter didn't pass her grammar school test (my oldest was in already) she went to secondary ,then Warwick unI then UCL now a doctor of science ,working with (not for) the government ,so dosnt always figure (although my eldest also has an awesome job in heritage)

That`s good did she go to 6th form or college after ?

Soldato
i left school to do a job i hated (born and lived in west Yorkshire ) ended up on anti depressants and long term unemployed and a drunk .should have left that job when i knew i loathed it instead of just carrying on and done something i enjoyed
pulled things around since then though but not until i was well on my way to 40

Soldato
I`m 33, have a mortgage to pay, no chance of changing jobs in the current climate
the fact you have a mortgage and not paying someone elses via rent is positive ,all we did (with rubbish jobs ,tax credits) was plough every spare penny into overpaying mortgage ,did it in under 10 years ,sold and moved to somewhere amazing with the cash ,Boom

Soldato
You seem to be a bitter person who blames others for your own downfall, your sister took the chances she got, you didn't. You don't even remember why you didn't pass.

You probably didn't pass because you didn't care and possibly thought somehow, someone, maybe parents, will sort it all out for you.

Life is not easy but blaming others doesn't help but shows your own ignorance.

You have a home, that is an achievement. Stop comparing yourself to others and be content with what you have, a lot of people will envy to be in your situation.

Associate
OP
You seem to be a bitter person who blames others for your own downfall, your sister took the chances she got, you didn't. You don't even remember why you didn't pass.

You probably didn't pass because you didn't care and possibly thought somehow, someone, maybe parents, will sort it all out for you.

Life is not easy but blaming others doesn't help but shows your own ignorance.

You have a home, that is an achievement. Stop comparing yourself to others and be content with what you have, a lot of people will envy to be in your situation.

Just like to see her fail once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom