FIFA 20

Man of Honour
Just wanted to win 3 games of my last 10, but lost them all except 1 (well, quit them all).

I can't even begin to understand this FIFA, one minute I can play well, the next minute I can't attack, can't defend. I press high I get countered, I sit deep I get passed around and can't get the ball.

I got 20 wins a couple of weeks ago which is decent, and now I'm stuck on silver 1. Makes no sense. I think it just boils down to the fact I have no patience for this game, I rush things due to frustration and it all goes wrong. I'm just not prepared to tryhard for 30 games just to get Gold 3 on this woeful game. Every one of my opponents has been a meta sweatlord, and most of them had amazing red picks too, which makes me annoyed before the game even starts.

Don
OP
Just wanted to win 3 games of my last 10, but lost them all except 1 (well, quit them all).

I can't even begin to understand this FIFA, one minute I can play well, the next minute I can't attack, can't defend. I press high I get countered, I sit deep I get passed around and can't get the ball.

I got 20 wins a couple of weeks ago which is decent, and now I'm stuck on silver 1. Makes no sense. I think it just boils down to the fact I have no patience for this game, I rush things due to frustration and it all goes wrong. I'm just not prepared to tryhard for 30 games just to get Gold 3 on this woeful game. Every one of my opponents has been a meta sweatlord, and most of them had amazing red picks too, which makes me annoyed before the game even starts.

The best thing you can do in this game and that is forget the pace button is there. Just don't use it unless you're through on the keeper. Maybe on the wings but that is it. It's hard to change your thinking as I am used to getting the ball and moving up the pitch as quick as possible, unfortunately it's so easy to read for the opposition.

Have you played anyone on here? Someone will be able to pick up on your faults, it's a game you cannot play how you want to, what I've learnt but still fall into the old ways.

I'm like 11-9 this weekend haha.

Soldato

I'm a bit the same (just worse). A month or so ago I was getting 17-9, the last couple of weeks I've not even got 17 win and this week I'm 10-10 and think I'm gonna struggle to get Gold 3.

I do wonder if I've sort of decided that I'm done with the game now (as I said a post or two back, I don't imagine I can change my team much now and I don't think my team is the problem) and so my heart's just not in it.

I also wonder if this is just Ultimate TOTS (and TOTS in general) sweat and once that's done WL won't be so tryhard? Although if TOTS rewards are still in red picks (even if it's all TOTS not just Ultimate) then this might be WL until they stop WL.
There's also the thought that casuals might be leaving the game at this point so it'll just be the tryhards left.

Man of Honour
The best thing you can do in this game and that is forget the pace button is there. Just don't use it unless you're through on the keeper. Maybe on the wings but that is it. It's hard to change your thinking as I am used to getting the ball and moving up the pitch as quick as possible, unfortunately it's so easy to read for the opposition.

Have you played anyone on here? Someone will be able to pick up on your faults, it's a game you cannot play how you want to, what I've learnt but still fall into the old ways.

I'm like 10-11 this weekend haha.

Not played anyone here lately but to be honest the game is on the way out now, so I'll probably not play much until FIFA 21.

I've tried to play differently but it's too much effort, and ultimately if I can't play counter attacking then I won't enjoy it anyway.

Don
OP
Not played anyone here lately but to be honest the game is on the way out now, so I'll probably not play much until FIFA 21.

I've tried to play differently but it's too much effort, and ultimately if I can't play counter attacking then I won't enjoy it anyway.

It's not really on the way out until they announce fifa 21 and the football season has prolonged so I guess it will popular for a bit longer yet..

Fuji plays like I would like but he is just way better.

Man of Honour
It's not really on the way out until they announce fifa 21 and the football season has prolonged so I guess it will popular for a bit longer yet..

Fuji plays like I would like but he is just way better.

FIFA 21 is due out on schedule as far as I know, should be announced soon.

Man of Honour
Weird they haven't said anything. Similar to the COD series.

Anyway, football has been prolonged this season and with the lockdown people don't have much better to do than play this :p

Yes, I'm not quitting it, just hoping future WL's will be more chill.

I totally get your comments about playstyle, but in the Ligue 1 TOTS WL I got 20 wins, which is pretty good, and I was still playing my usual way. These past 2 weekends it's all gone pear shaped :p sometimes it works really well and other times it's awful...

You know when it feels like you lose every 50/50 and your players can't outpace anyone, I had that game after game after game... felt better playing more aggressively, but then you're open to counters.

Caporegime
EOAE Aduriz, cheap for a 96 rated. Horrible stamina but Ive done him anyway. Looks a fun player to throw on if needed.

I did him just because it's like 80k for a 96 rated card is just silly really.

Hopefully something good comes from Summer Heat promo, still have this dupe Mane to use for something.

Soldato
I’ve did the other two deluxe SBCs and got Gerard Moreno and that awful Ligue 1 GK, so I really did get lucky with the first one when I got Reus

Building up the courage to do the ultimate SBC tomorrow

Soldato
I ended Friday night 2-4, so could tell this wasn't going to go well.
I ended Saturday 7-10, which is my worst result after a Saturday in a long time, even though I used to find Saturdays the hardest. I was just hoping for Gold 3 but even that seemed a long way off.
I ended Sunday 17-13, no idea how I managed to get to 17 wins given how sweaty it all was, but it feel like a small victory.

Soldato
Just got to 15-0 and then got beat. The difference at +15 is next level as I say most weeks it's insane.

Edit: searched his name on futwiz and was a verified player shock.

15-0 to 16-4 player 3 verified players and got smashed by all not even close games.

17-5 bed time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't bother this WL, was playing but I just wasn't enjoying it at all so ended up stopping at 6 wins. Think this might be the final nail in the coffin for me this Fifa, died a lot earlier than usual.

Soldato
Apparently in the Summer Heat promo there will be an objective to get a 93 rated Ferland Mendy.

:eek:

Yeah I’ve just been listening about this, apparently it’s a rumour from a source that’s normally accurate

Sounds like you’d have to complete some easy objectives to get Futmas Mendy, then use that card to complete more objectives to get a beefed up version

Could be cool if EA get it right

Soldato
Sounds interesting, I normally grind the objectives but I will see just how long this one is. I have Reguilon already who is a tank so an upgrade not needed as such.

Back
Top Bottom