What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
And having also watched the Days Of Thunder remaster on 4K a few days previously, what is it about Tom Cruise's character in both movies that screams complete donkey bum.
Ive been saying that for years, Hes always better when he's not the main role (Interview with the Vampire) or care a little about the project.

Soldato
The Lighthouse (2019)

Love the post processing and camera work, very authentic feeling. That being side, a very flat watch, there is such a slow momentum to the story that it almost lost my interest. Maybe another watch and it will grow on me.

Not to sound immature, but I couldn't help at times to feel like this is a movie you were forced to watch in school. :D

Soldato
Interstellar in 4k - 9/10

I've already watched it about 4 or 5 times as it's an all time favourite, however re-watching all sorts now i've finally got a 4k TV.

I know it's massively marmite but i'm on the love it side, the music is what really sets it apart though, can evoke so much emotion to the point if any of the OST tracks come on my spotify randomly, I find myself strangely choked up.

Associate
Artemis Fowl - 0/10 .. awful film ! only reason we watched all the way through is the missus has OCD so once she starts watching something she has to finish!

she also has to watch things in order .. so i put on a Marvel film that was out of sync with the MCU timeline she freaked out :)

Soldato
Chariots Of Fire 9/10 easily the best film I've seen in a wee while. Beautiful to look at, really well acted and builds tension and pay off nicely given we know the outcome. This film was probably quite expensive for a UK production of the time but it was all spent on costumes and sets. Pre-CGI no tricks or effects just great storytelling. Oh and how could I forget early eighties synth soundtrack by Vangelis cracking.

Unfortunately when the nutkins seize power it will be banned for being about a bunch of toffs and fella that really believes in God.(j/k)

Soldato
Da 5 bloods 6/10
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9777644/
New Spike Lee film for Netflix. Promising idea but spoiled by no real ability to develop much empathy with the characters. I wanted to like it but it felt confused in what it was trying to be. Some almost black comedy moments quickly juxtaposed against some fairly undesirable human behaviour. The whole thing felt quite disjointed and a missed opportunity all leaving me not sure which way to feel about it. I think Spike Lee has a tendency to do this in order to wrongfoot the audience and make them really deal with uncomfortable truths but this just wasn't that enjoyable or thought provoking. Fabulous setting for a movie mind.

Back
Top Bottom