Windows 10

Soldato
Only issue I'd noticed on the latest version is my knock-off Chinese 360 controller receiver stopped working.
Just needed to modify the driver file, and install without driver signing checked. 14 year old controllers still going strong. :D
My laptop is yet to update, and not really interested in forcing it to.

Soldato
KB4567512 is out for 18362.904 and 18363.904 - nothing for 19041 at time of posting.

This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
  • Addresses an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing. The print spooler might generate an error or close unexpectedly when attempting to print, and no output will come from the affected printer. You might also encounter issues with the apps you are attempting to print from, such as receiving an error, or the app might close unexpectedly. This issue might also affect software-based printers, such as when printing to PDF.

Caporegime
Just wait till it comes out properly then. I was prepared to roll back if anything went wrong or even better format. :)

Well i didn't get that USB printer fix through, i got this :-

20h1here.jpg

:eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm sat here with no offers to update just yet. :) I suppose it's because they are waiting for Nvidia to release stable drivers.

Enjoy your journey. :D

Its not happening yet, im leaving a while :p

EDIT:

That was from a manual check for updates, so not sure, if id have left it to do it itself, it would have still shown up then too. :D

Odd, as ive manually checked couple of times past few days, and its never shown.

Last edited:
Associate
ok update last night and all seems to be working fine except for one weird issue.

when i click in the search bar and the search panel pops up my mouse lags and i can see the screen flashing in the back ever so slightly... doesnt happen on any other UI elements

Permabanned
Associate
I'm sat here with no offers to update just yet. :) I suppose it's because they are waiting for Nvidia to release stable drivers.

Enjoy your journey. :D
Unlikely as I already have the offer to update on a PC that has an nvidia GPU, but an all AMD system is yet to get the offer to download and install so it's either compatibility issues or it's being rolled out in groups.

Soldato
Microsoft Fall 2020 Windows 10 Update will Push Edge Browser as Default Option

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/m...ll-push-edge-browser-as-default-option,2.html

They'll never learn. :(
Funnily enough I tried 19042.330 out this morning soon as as the installation had completed, rather than showing me the desktop I had the new Edge browser in my face and even Alt-F5 wouldn't close it. You either follow it through, or end it with Task Manager.

The first screen you see after installation completes on Windows 10 Professional 20H2 (19042.330):
Virtual-Box-w10-x64-17-06-2020-17-59-41.png

Man of Honour
Couple of my devices just got the welcome to Windows screen out of nowhere :( and no way to skip it - been a few days since I installed updates as well. WTF. I don't understand how people can in any way defend this POS OS.

Back
Top Bottom