Star Wars Squadrons

Man of Honour
Looks good but I'm left with no idea what it will look like in game play terms nor what the actual game is. Apart from piloting a spaceship.
Slightly uninformative! Nothing about the format or gameplay. Looks like 5 vs 5 multiplayer.
Well you're right about that. That's enough for me to tune out right away. :p

More details: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/squadrons/overview?isLocalized=true

Yeah, 5v5 is a little less than I would have hoped for :( I expect an EA style drip feed of new modes.

Man of Honour
I thought that but it sounds like your squadron of 5 will be participating with the rest of the AI-powered fleet, performing certain objectives and stuff. Made to feel epic but in reality it's still only the 5 of you.

Hmm, you're right. The fact that they don't explicitly state a number for what could be the "large scale" battles does indicate that. If it were large ~64+ players they'd be pushing it as a selling point.

Soldato
if it was made by anyone else i'd be excited but EA will kill it under a tonne of microtransactions. it could be worse though, it could be DICE game as well

Soldato
Well VR support and
"take off in a thrilling Star Wars™ single-player story"
has got my interest but its EA so I guess the 1% excitement needs to be tempered with 99% scepticism until proven otherwise.

I expect the typical copy and paste of:

- Release Barebones of content
- Single player complete at release but short and no further content additions
- All future content drops multiplayer / cosmetic only
- Monetised to the core in terms of customisation
- Pre-order skin bonuses or something similar
- Be dropped like a stone if it doesnt sell to everyone in the world in the first hour

I'll be happy if proved wrong.

Soldato
Caporegime
No one posted the trailer? I know it's just a trailer, but I'm stoked. 'Engines to full power' suggests a similar mechanic as the original X-Wing with power distribution being a requirement?

Oh I see it posted above. oh well!

Buckle up, take full control of starfighters such as the X-wing and TIE fighter, and feel the adrenaline of strategic first-person 5v5 multiplayer dogfights alongside your squadron. In a fateful campaign set near the conclusion of the Galactic Civil War, learn what it means to be a pilot in a thrilling STAR WARS™ single-player story. The New Republic fights for freedom. The Empire demands order. We need you to join the galaxy’s finest. STAR WARS™: Squadrons is available October 2, 2020 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Origin PC, Steam, Epic Games Store, and Virtual Reality (VR) on PlayStation 4 and PC with cross-play support.

Cross play Support for everyone or just on VR? Also not announced for XBSX or PS5?

Soldato
What's not to get excited about. EA jumping in the VR arena, or just y'know flying a frickin X-Wing in VR!!

Hard to get hyped these days for anything, but this ones got me rolling it back.

Caporegime
What's not to get excited about. EA jumping in the VR arena, or just y'know flying a frickin X-Wing in VR!!

Hard to get hyped these days for anything, but this ones got me rolling it back.
Respawn are also working on a VR game, I believe based around Medal of Honor. EA getting on board could be the kick VR needs. I may even pick up another Oculus Rift if its good.

Soldato
More details: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/squadrons/overview?isLocalized=true

Yeah, 5v5 is a little less than I would have hoped for :( I expect an EA style drip feed of new modes.
So basically a pretty elite dangerous CQC but without the actual elite dangerous to go with it

Real shame as the assets look gorgeous but other than the odd half HR here and there it does not interest me . Just think what they could do with those assets with a proper xwing Vs tai fighter game (then with MP as gravy)
I will pick up when on offer for VR and the short campaign

Soldato
Watched the trailer. To quote red dwarf

"So what is it?"

Honestly love star wars, but all EA games on frostbite look exactly the same. Looked like an expansion for battlefront 2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom