New PC for Golf Simulator

Associate
My neighbour is after a PC to run a golf simulator. It needs to be a new machine (something to do with VAT) so hence me posting here on his behalf as he'll get it from OCUK.

The specs from the manufacturer are pretty vague and say:
  • Intel i5 Processor
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Nvidia 1070 Graphics Card or equivalent
  • Dedicated GPU with DirectX 11 Support
  • 25 GB of Hard Drive Space
  • Windows 10 (required)
  • Internet Connection (Required)

He isn't bothered about a case with flashing lights as it'll just sit in the corner. He would like the option to hook it up to a 4k projector in the future and he's also like a little bit of future proofing.

I have a mouse, keyboard, monitor, Win 10 license and even a 500Gb SSD here that he can have. So we just need a case, PSU, MB, CPU, RAM and graphics card (Have I missed anything). Could anyone perhaps help us out with a recommended spec please? Not bothered if it's Intel or AMD, it will never be used to play other games just this golf one. As I'm sure is often the case, it needs to come in under £500 as that's his budget. I'm happy to assemble it myself for him. Is this possible do you think?

Associate
OP
Thanks Lemin for that, appreciate the list. Sadly it blows his budget by quite some margin but it gives me something to go back to him with.

Soldato
My neighbour is after a PC to run a golf simulator. It needs to be a new machine (something to do with VAT) so hence me posting here on his behalf as he'll get it from OCUK.

The specs from the manufacturer are pretty vague and say:
  • Intel i5 Processor
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Nvidia 1070 Graphics Card or equivalent
  • Dedicated GPU with DirectX 11 Support
  • 25 GB of Hard Drive Space
  • Windows 10 (required)
  • Internet Connection (Required)

He isn't bothered about a case with flashing lights as it'll just sit in the corner. He would like the option to hook it up to a 4k projector in the future and he's also like a little bit of future proofing.

I have a mouse, keyboard, monitor, Win 10 license and even a 500Gb SSD here that he can have. So we just need a case, PSU, MB, CPU, RAM and graphics card (Have I missed anything). Could anyone perhaps help us out with a recommended spec please? Not bothered if it's Intel or AMD, it will never be used to play other games just this golf one. As I'm sure is often the case, it needs to come in under £500 as that's his budget. I'm happy to assemble it myself for him. Is this possible do you think?

If you shop around it can be done, example below, you can still get VAT invoices where ever u shop

PNY GeForce GTX 1660 6GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked Edition Graphics Card, Black £199

Be Quiet 500W Pure Power 11 80+ Gold £64

AMD YD2600BBAFBOX Ryzen 5 2600 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler £128

Patriot Viper 4 Blackout Series DDR4 8GB (2 x 4GB) £44.99

MSI A320M-A PRO MAX Motherboard 'mATX, £44.99

Corsair 110Q Quiet Mid-Tower ATX Case £54

Total £534

Back
Top Bottom