Desperados 3

Man of Honour
Nice little game this, although the graphics looks pretty dated no? Maybe I'm just too used to AAA graphics.

Graphics pretty much on a par with their previous game Shadow Tactics, so I'm ok with that, theres only so much you can do with isometric 3d really I suppose.

Underboss
Graphics pretty much on a par with their previous game Shadow Tactics, so I'm ok with that, theres only so much you can do with isometric 3d really I suppose.

Yeah you're right, I looked back on the original Commandos game I was basing this off and they are a million times better.

Rose tinted specs there!

Soldato
Kicked off the Demo for this and on the very first section I got a load of water effects washing accross the desert like there were windswept puddles on dry sand, didn't inspire confidence in the quality control of the game. First impressions were it brings nothing new to the table from Shadow Tactics, graphics, art style and gameplay are pretty much the same, just a different setting. As I haven't finished Shadow Tactics and probably prefer its setting, I feel buying Desperados 3 is probably not a sensible use of my money, am I missing anything?

Man of Honour
Kicked off the Demo for this and on the very first section I got a load of water effects washing accross the desert like there were windswept puddles on dry sand, didn't inspire confidence in the quality control of the game. First impressions were it brings nothing new to the table from Shadow Tactics, graphics, art style and gameplay are pretty much the same, just a different setting. As I haven't finished Shadow Tactics and probably prefer its setting, I feel buying Desperados 3 is probably not a sensible use of my money, am I missing anything?

Nope, you have pretty much nailed it on the head there, its Shadow Tactics (which was a superb game of course), in a wild west setting. Doesnt bring anything new to the table really (apart from alarms) but I guess thats to be expected from essentially what is a sequel. Many second titles by a company are re-do's of their previous title but in a different setting, some strategy game series have made an entire chain of strategy titles where nothing much more than the setting changes of course. I would say that if you prefer Japan over the Wild West then its best for you to stick with Shadow Tactics and not part with your money. I'm lucky in that I like both Samurai and Gunslingers, so having both makes good sense for me, probably not so much for you though.

EDIT: Forget to mention that the demo was an earlier build, which might explain the odd effects you had. I havent had any bugs or glitches as yet in the full release.

Man of Honour
After watching some of the gameplay stupidly high priced I think I'm swayed to go with Shadow Tactics, long overdue I think.

Its a fair comment on the price (I picked the game up for £24.99 which I think is a much more reasonable price), I do think its a steep price for what it is, funnily enough I also yesterday commented that I thought Iron Harvest (which is also an enjoyable game (demo) so far) is also overpriced for what it is. I am wondering if we are starting to see a shift in "standard" pricing to a £45 to £50 pricepoint.

Soldato
Its a fair comment on the price (I picked the game up for £24.99 which I think is a much more reasonable price), I do think its a steep price for what it is, funnily enough I also yesterday commented that I thought Iron Harvest (which is also an enjoyable game (demo) so far) is also overpriced for what it is. I am wondering if we are starting to see a shift in "standard" pricing to a £45 to £50 pricepoint.

Following console prices?

Man of Honour
Following console prices?

Possibly, I'm not much into consoles so dont know what the going rate these days is for new console game releases but I do see that Cyberpunks standard edition will be £49.99 and I've heard that Baldurs Gate 3 is also going with a £49.99 price tag for the standard edition, AC Valhalla also has the standard edition priced at £49.99, so it does feel like theres a move toward that £50 standard pricing

Soldato
Possibly, I'm not much into consoles so dont know what the going rate these days is for new console game releases but I do see that Cyberpunks standard edition will be £49.99 and I've heard that Baldurs Gate 3 is also going with a £49.99 price tag for the standard edition, AC Valhalla also has the standard edition priced at £49.99, so it does feel like theres a move toward that £50 standard pricing

Usually keys are cheaper but have noticed a shift in pricing lately since new consoles are on the horizons. I though digital was supposed to be cheaper considering no packaging, shipping, etc.

Man of Honour
Usually keys are cheaper but have noticed a shift in pricing lately since new consoles are on the horizons. I though digital was supposed to be cheaper considering no packaging, shipping, etc.

You'd think so, I miss all my old boxes and nice manuals

Soldato
Played about an hour of it today, been sat on the couch playing it rather than with keyboard and mouse and it plays pretty nice, not a big fan of having to save every 20 seconds (as im rotten at these types of games). Would also rather the camera followed you rather than you having to control it but overall a very fun little game. I prefer it to Blades, but for me Gears of War tactics is the more satisfying game (albeit they are different enough to enjoy both).

Soldato
I loved the first one and cannot remember if I played the second...loved Commandos 2 and 3 also. I've just done mission 1 of the demo and enjoyed it. I think I will get it but not at full price. CD Keys has it at £22.69, which is a bargain imo.

Back
Top Bottom