Marcus Rashford

Caporegime
An excellent example of making progress without violence, vandalism, shouting, screaming or putting down others. Granted he already has the platform.

^^^ exactly. Stories that already have media attention and lots of attention on social media can already get decision makers motivated to do something. This is a great example of that.

Soldato
I'm happy to contribute so that kids don't go hungry.

Me too. But there's no doubt there are single people working full time struggling to make ends meet who are going to face a tax rise to pay for other people's children to have free meals. Should we not just let charity cover things like this, then people can choose to contribute rather than have it forced on them?

Associate
Nice thing to do.

But couldn't he have contributed and gotten his football team mates involved?

Hes a multi millionaire worth 50m.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Me too. But there's no doubt there are single people working full time struggling to make ends meet who are going to face a tax rise to pay for other people's children to have free meals. Should we not just let charity cover things like this, then people can choose to contribute rather than have it forced on them?

Considering the amount of money being spent on other support, this amount is going to make very little difference.

Soldato
The government isn't providing meals for kids, the tax payer is, the government doesn't have any money. Everyone who isn't benefitting from the meal vouchers but pays tax is paying for other people's children to have free meals over summer to the tune of £120 million.

Which sounds lovely. I'm glad my taxes are paying for children not to go hungry, it sounds like a great cause. It's what, £1.80 per person?

Associate
His mother should be proud, despite all the millions and what not the kid seems to be really grounded.

It's beyond stupid it even took someone of his stature to speak about this on social media though, what are these buffoons in charge doing?

Permabanned
Fantastic to see a footballer using their fame for something so positive. I read the story about his efforts on the matter recently and I'm glad it worked.
Shame we're in a situation where people have kids that they can't afford to look after though. All the more pertinent at the minute with another 600k job losses.
Right out of the mouthpiece of Katie Hopkins. Bravo sir.

Permabanned
The government isn't providing meals for kids, the tax payer is, the government doesn't have any money. Everyone who isn't benefitting from the meal vouchers but pays tax is paying for other people's children to have free meals over summer to the tune of £120 million.
Stating the obvious but yeah what’s the problem with kids having a decent meal?

Caporegime
Soldato
Which sounds lovely. I'm glad my taxes are paying for children not to go hungry, it sounds like a great cause. It's what, £1.80 per person?

Could Rashford have simply set up a charity and made it voluntary rather than mandating it from already strained government budgets? If you want to pay £1.80 that's fine, maybe I would too. But there is an opportunity cost to this money being spent.

Permabanned
Nothing alike. I think you need to learn to read. How's finding it sad that people can't afford to feed their kids the same? Especially with the 600k extra unemployed people.
“Dear @MarcusRashford,” Hopkins tweeted. “Do you think women should think about how they are going to feed a child before they decide to have it? I do not want to pay to feed other people’s kids. You are welcome to. Thank you, Katie Hopkins.”

I know totally different right?

Caporegime
“Dear @MarcusRashford,” Hopkins tweeted. “Do you think women should think about how they are going to feed a child before they decide to have it? I do not want to pay to feed other people’s kids. You are welcome to. Thank you, Katie Hopkins.”

I know totally different right?

Yeah. Lol. Like the direct opposite.

Soldato
Well, let's make sure we pressure the government to only put tax rises on the wealthier members of society.

Even better: we could do that whilst pressuring them to actually reduce taxes on those poor people you highlight. That way, everyone's happy. Even you.

Back
Top Bottom