best quiet fan for WC rads

Soldato
Not really.

It's mostly down to the combination of radiator size and type, choice of fan and the particulars of your case. There is no one best fan.
I could put the same Noctuas, Corsairs, Blacknoises, Vardars or Arctics on five different rads and get five very different results. For example, Corsair ML120s will be reasonably efficient but very noisy blowing through an XSPC EX rad, but far quieter on an Alphacool Nexos.

In general I find Noctuas offer the best balance of performance vs noise. Some fans are quieter, others perform better, but again it all depends on what other kit you're using. I favour performance, myself, so am currently using ML120 non-RGB fans.

Soldato
I currently have the Arctic P12s. Great for the money (5 pack was £25 and they daisy chain) but they do have an annoying pitch at certain RPMs. Would have bought the Noctua F12 Chromax but they seem impossible to find at the minute.

Associate
+1 for Noctua
They offer different fan designs depending on the application (case/CPU/chassis) and different speeds and ratings to allow you to balance noise vs airflow.
Their fans are available as 3-pin or 4-pin PWM.

Associate
Noctua chromax fans are lovely, and as above there are different models for different applications.
They just sound nicer than most fans, even when going full on

Associate
They sound a hell of a lot better than the Corsair ones I had previously, both at low and high rpm. The only fan that comes close (imo) is the bequiet silentwings

Associate
On my main PC, I have 2 Noctua 120mm fans running at 700 RPM and 2 Noctua 140mm fans running at 900 RPM - there is hardly any perceptible noise unless I put my ear right up next to them - just a pleasant faint background woooosh!.

Associate
I have an EK PE 360 in my system which came as part of the EK P360 kit. Its a 38mm rad. I run the EK-Vardar F4-120ER in pull configuration and Cooler Master MasterFan SF120R ARGB in push on this rad. During none gaming mode the Vardars run at 900 rpm and the CM's at 1000 rpm. When gaming the vardars run at 1200 rpm and the CM's at 1300rpm. The system is nice and quiet.

Back
Top Bottom