Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
After years of wanting something for the weekends/project/fun/track I've finally got myself an MX5.

2002 MX5 1.8i Trilogy, 66k miles

oFBdoRI.jpg

Just drove it home with a huge smile on my face. The lowest powered car I've had in the last 10 years and it is bloody great!

Bubbling on arches as per every single one I've looked at, some on the suspension arm and sub frame but going to clear this down and seal. Sills done previously with receipt for everything. Fingers crossed its a good one.

Caporegime
Check the chassis rails from the bulkhead to the front of the car as well. One of the most important areas to check on these because nobody looks at them. I bought my MK2 with new sills, arches, and paint, but the chassis rails had been ignored. Don't be too surprised if they are rotten! :p

Nice purchase, I do love an MX5. I've had three and I want another one. Such great fun!

Permabanned
After years of wanting something for the weekends/project/fun/track I've finally got myself an MX5.

2002 MX5 1.8i Trilogy, 66k miles

oFBdoRI.jpg

Just drove it home with a huge smile on my face. The lowest powered car I've had in the last 10 years and it is bloody great!

Bubbling on arches as per every single one I've looked at, some on the suspension arm and sub frame but going to clear this down and seal. Sills done previously with receipt for everything. Fingers crossed its a good one.

Wow that number plate on the silver car...

Soldato
Wow that number plate on the silver car...

My dad who didn't know LOL was a thing, unfortunately for him the last two letters of his name and first of the surname from the old days when it used to be spaced incorrectly. I suggested he bin it but 55 year old dad's know best

Check the chassis rails from the bulkhead to the front of the car as well. One of the most important areas to check on these because nobody looks at them. I bought my MK2 with new sills, arches, and paint, but the chassis rails had been ignored. Don't be too surprised if they are rotten! :p

Nice purchase, I do love an MX5. I've had three and I want another one. Such great fun!

Thats what's referred to as the chassis legs? If so plan to take the undertray off at the weekend to inspect.

Caporegime
My dad who didn't know LOL was a thing, unfortunately for him the last two letters of his name and first of the surname from the old days when it used to be spaced incorrectly. I suggested he bin it but 55 year old dad's know best

Thats what's referred to as the chassis legs? If so plan to take the undertray off at the weekend to inspect.

Yeah thats them! :)

This is how mine looked...

DhznFsF.jpg
hLzNFOF.jpg
oH7mZrL.jpg
aRdH9IK.jpg

Despite the car being mint with new sills, arches, and fresh paint... Lol

TO764OX.jpg

If you need them doing you can buy pre-made repair panels here: https://www.themx5restorer.co.uk/shop/new-mx5-parts/new-mx5-panels/front-chassis-rail-repairs-panels/

I've also got some tail lights, reflectors, mudflaps, an ABS pump, switch blanks, a rear view mirror, some blue ignition leads, delrin door bushes, brand new genuine exhaust manifold gasket, probably other bits and pieces - If you need anything... :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah thats them! :)

This is how mine looked...

DhznFsF.jpg
hLzNFOF.jpg
oH7mZrL.jpg
aRdH9IK.jpg

Despite the car being mint with new sills, arches, and fresh paint... Lol

If you need them doing you can buy pre-made repair panels here: https://www.themx5restorer.co.uk/sh...mx5-panels/front-chassis-rail-repairs-panels/
https://www.themx5restorer.co.uk/sh...mx5-panels/front-chassis-rail-repairs-panels/
I've also got some tail lights, reflectors, mudflaps, an ABS pump, switch blanks, a rear view mirror, some blue ignition leads, delrin door bushes, brand new genuine exhaust manifold gasket, probably other bits and pieces - If you need anything... :p

The Autolink style chassis rail legs are better IMHO

https://www.autolinkmx5.com/repair-...5-mk2--mk25-left--right-hand-lh-rh-9759-p.asp

Associate
The best thing BMW did was get rid of the arrow straight bonnet shut line to the front bumper e.g. F10, F20, F30.

Grille looks fine in person to be fair, much better than the equivalent ones now on the 1 Series / X5.

Soldato
So with lockdown halting my plans to travel back home I decided to spend the flight money on a car. The idea being that we could go on a few road trips to explore the country and hit up some beaches too.

So with a modest budget and the depressing amount of ex taxi saloons I started the hunt for a family car and ended up with this!

Behold my (new to me) land boat / yank tank / gas guzzler!
f60DfTM.jpg

Its a 2007 GMC Yukon XL - the XL meaning that it's bloody huge. It's over 5.6m long!

Body condition ain't great and it needed a proper clean inside but the engine and transmission were in good nick and for a big brute it does get a move on.

Got an inspection sorted and it needed some serviceable items (mileage is 144kms) so managed to get the seller to knock it down to just under £2700 with a years insurance and the equivalent of an mot. Bargain!

Picked it up from the seller and it's great! Got a 5.3 litre V8 (supposedly ~300hp), remote start (desperately needed in this weather), cruise, sofas for seats (of which there are 9!), isofix for the kids, huge boot, tints and a 100ish litre fuel tank (that cost me about £25 to fill up :D)

Anyway plans are to service it, sort the interior, get a decent head unit and enjoy wafting about over the summer!

Last edited:
Soldato
So with lockdown halting my plans to travel back home I decided to spend the flight money on a car. The idea being that we could go on a few road trips to explore the country and hit up some beaches too.

So with a modest budget and the depressing amount of ex taxi saloons I started the hunt for a family car and ended up with this!

Behold my (new to me) land boat / yank tank / gas guzzler!
f60DfTM.jpg

Its a 2007 GMC Yukon XL - the XL meaning that it's bloody huge. It's over 5.6m long!

Body condition ain't great and it needed a proper clean inside but the engine and transmission were in good nick and for a big brute it does get a move on.

Got an inspection sorted and it needed some serviceable items (mileage is 144kms) so managed to get the seller to knock it down to just under £2700 with a years insurance and the equivalent of an mot. Bargain!

Picked it up from the seller and it's great! Got a 5.3 litre V8 (supposedly ~300hp), remote start (desperately needed in this weather), cruise, sofas for seats (of which there are 9!), isofix for the kids, huge boot, tints and a 100ish litre fuel tank (that cost me about £25 to fill up :D)

Anyway plans are to service it, sort the interior, get a decent head unit and enjoy wafting about over the summer!

:cool:

It would be funny to buy some 24 inch chrome spinners for it :p

Back
Top Bottom