What colour is the passport ?

Caporegime
This is less about “Is the colour of the Passport Important?”

This is more about somewhere along the lines people wanted their old Blue Passport Prior to joining the EU back, so it became a sort of promise or one of the tangible poster pieces of Brexit that people could hold up proudly to symbolise leaving the EU and back to “independence”.

And they failed.

Soldato

This is more about somewhere along the lines people wanted their old Blue Passport Prior to joining the EU back, so it became a sort of promise or one of the tangible poster pieces of Brexit that people could hold up proudly to symbolise leaving the EU and back to “independence”.

And they failed.

But they haven't failed, they got exactly what they wanted.

The old passports were just as blue/black as the new ones. :confused:

Soldato
Just when you think it couldn't get any worse someone brings up something to do with Brexit

Prepare for hostility,tin hats on.

Caporegime
The people complaining about the quality of the blue passports and the print not being perfectly straight clearly haven't handled a new passport any time in the past year.

This isn't a new thing. I received a burgundy passport over a year ago and it has exactly the same issues. I'll try and get a pic of the front.

Yep, the chip in mine works about half the time. Then you try to explain this at the airport 'please try again'. Look, it never works. 'No, please sir try a different machine' :/

Soldato
I wonder how many other countries in the world feel the need to doubly reinforce which country the passport is for?

Most seem to have the country and the word 'Passport'

We have (on both the new ones and the old old ones) the country and 'British Passport'

Soldato
What's the French got to do with it though....

Aren't they also producing these passports albeit in another EU country? Taking back control and deciding to overlook our own.

If people have to explain "It is blue! Look look! It really is!" then it just isn't. Another promise not delivered how it was sold.

Soldato
So who can we blame now? The French I guess....until you realise an entire group in the government would have had to of signed off on the first print runs.

And they failed.
Whats even more hilarious as that their was never an obligation to have red as the passport colour, more of an informal guide. Croatia has a blue passport for example.
We could have changed the colour to blue whilst in the EU, yet dumb moronic voters lapped up the government rhetoric as taking back independence blah blah blah....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So who can we blame now? The French I guess....until you realise an entire group in the government would have had to of signed off on the first print runs.

Whats even more hilarious as that their was never an obligation to have red as the passport colour, more of an informal guide. Croatia has a blue passport for example.
We could have changed the colour to blue whilst in the EU, yet dumb moronic voters lapped up the government rhetoric as taking back independence blah blah blah....
...and red is more of a national English colour than blue is anyway!

(yes I know England is not Britain but England was the majority of the population to vote for independence).

Back
Top Bottom