So, what is this going to achieve then?

Caporegime
This popped up on my Nextdoor app. It was posted by a middle aged white lady whose profession is listed as "babysitter" and her profile is all hidden and top secret. I've come to my own judgements based on this info but I'd rather others come to their own conclusions.

Anyway, the post:

YV6dI9K.jpg

I'm not dismissing the BLM movement at all, in fact I think that with the appropriate actions and ideas it could change our society in many positive ways, but this white knighting, self serving, "look neighbours, I'm doing my bit without actually achieving anything or contributing anything" attitude needs to stop. I did a bit more digging on this kneeling rubbish and found a few people commenting that all the people participating are all white middle aged people, supporting my beliefs that this is just a pointless, stupid waste of time which black people don't need.

Being black isn't a disability, these people didn't lose limbs or loved ones due to conscription, they were treated crap by largely white societies in history which is something we all need to put behind us and move forward, learning from the mistakes of the past and celebrating this new way of life, encouraging those of have suffered at the hands of persecution to be their best, discover their untapped talents and become successful.

But no, let's patronize these people and "take a knee", that's going to make a difference isn't it.

I despair, honestly. It's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue, I'm well aware that if I speak out against these people I'll be told I'm the problem and I'll be vilified on social media by all the unemployed, time rich, terminally offended, uneducated, brainless idiots that inhabit it. It's literally a case of "go with it or be the problem", you can't say anything anymore, it's ridiculous.

I wonder how many of these people have actually done something to make an actual difference. I'm gonna have a guess and say none.

Soldato
My first thoughts are at least she is trying to do something :confused: My second thought it what have you do to help make a change or raise awareness? IIRC your place of birth has suffered massively from racism so presumly you have done things.

Why not speak to her and suggest some of things you’ve done which have had a positive affect? You might be surprised :)

Soldato
I think it's going to achieve the same thing as clapping for the NHS did. It's showing your support.

Will be interesting to see how many people do it though. Can't see Boris doing it on the step of No. 10

Still can't quite get my head around the fact that in the second decade of the 21st century people are still bothered about the colour of someones skin. Just crazy.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . I did a bit more digging on this kneeling rubbish and found a few people commenting that all the people participating are all white middle aged people, supporting my beliefs that this is just a pointless, stupid waste of time which black people don't need. . . .
Was it really essential for you to do "a bit more digging" on what you dismiss as "this kneeling rubbish" in order to confirm a view which I suspect you had from the word go?

As has been very sensibly and constructively suggested above, "Why not speak to her and suggest some of the things you’ve done which have had a positive affect? You might be surprised."

Soldato
Isn't this more of an American thing? There are an awful lot of thick racists there. Not so much here. You get the odd moron who makes more noise but mostly I think we are civilised. I used to think that, then Brexit happened.

The "taking a knee" was started by Colin Kapaernick, an NFL Quarterback, who would take a knee during the American national anthem. He was subsequently ostracised and maybe kicked out of the NFL (depending who you believe and whether you think he has any actual talent). it does have relevance for the movement.

Whether we need to be doing it in this country I don't really think so, but maybe Americans should reflect on their treatment of Kapaernick and his peaceful protest and how that turned out.

Caporegime
OP
Still can't quite get my head around the fact that in the second decade of the 21st century people are still bothered about the colour of someones skin. Just crazy.

Maybe this is why it baffles me so much, because I don’t see it much myself. From where I’m sitting these people are trying to generate awareness for a situation which isn’t even close to the country it originated in.

What a weird and confusing time to be alive :confused:

Caporegime
OP
Was it really essential for you to do "a bit more digging" on what you dismiss as "this kneeling rubbish" in order to confirm a view which I suspect you had from the word go?

As has been very sensibly and constructively suggested above, "Why not speak to her and suggest some of the things you’ve done which have had a positive affect? You might be surprised."

I’ve never been part of the problem though, so for me it’s just a waste of time.

I was raised in a country where racism has a whole different face, so that might skew things too? Idk.

Soldato
Puppet People, dancing to the jig of the virtue-signalling string-pullers. Clap like seals, kneel like white knights... turn around and touch your nose, blink three times and the problem goes!
We had some BLM protests and demonstrations locally. All the black people we asked about them said there's no way in hell they'd go along, as it's "a white people problem".

Truth is, Black Lives do not Matter. No-one's lives matter. One look at the governments running the world should tell you, we're just a resource.

I'm kneeling for no one.
Kneel before Zod!!

Back
Top Bottom