Samsung SSD issue after secure erase

Associate
Don't know if anyone will know how to fix this but I did a secure erase on Samsung SSD from with the bios of my pc and now the drive is formatted however it doesn't show as a Samsung drive or show up in Samsung magician anymore it just shows as a Microsoft storage device? Anyone know how I can fix this?

Associate
OP
Have you formatted it in disk management?
Or do another secure erase but use Samsung magician to do it
If it will let you
Yes I have files on it, the drive itself is working fine however it just doesn't show up in Samsung magician as it's just a Microsoft storage device as far as windows is concerned so chance of being able to secure erase via their app.

Associate
Don't know if anyone will know how to fix this but I did a secure erase on Samsung SSD from with the bios of my pc and now the drive is formatted however it doesn't show as a Samsung drive or show up in Samsung magician anymore it just shows as a Microsoft storage device? Anyone know how I can fix this?
Had you used the motherboard BIOS to Secure Erase an SSD on a previous occasion and was it successful?
What motherboard have you got?

I have got an ASUS Crosshair VII x470 and I have used the motherboard BIOS to Secure Erase several SSD's and it worked every time.

Associate
OP
Had you used the motherboard BIOS to Secure Erase an SSD on a previous occasion and was it successful?
What motherboard have you got?

I have got an ASUS Crosshair VII x470 and I have used the motherboard BIOS to Secure Erase several SSD's and it worked every time.

When I completed it from within the bios it was successful yes, the only thing that was wrong was that it wasn't showing up as a Samsung SSD within windows it was just just showing up as a Microsoft storage device it worked perfectly though other than that minor issue.

Associate
When I completed it from within the bios it was successful yes, the only thing that was wrong was that it wasn't showing up as a Samsung SSD within windows it was just just showing up as a Microsoft storage device it worked perfectly though other than that minor issue.
Thanks for the confirmation.
I was concerned that using the motherboard BIOS option could fry the SSD, however yours didn't actually fry it so I will continue to use the BIOS option as before - thanks!

Back
Top Bottom