So, what is this going to achieve then?

Caporegime
Kneel all you want. They'll still hate you and call you a racist.

It will never be enough for these people until they have taken everything from you.

Caporegime
People do question them all yes, look on the covid forum plenty questioned and mocked the clapping for NHS.

My point is if you question 1, you really should question them all. All of them do not go to the heart of the issue or solve any of it. I am not against it but if people want to do something about it, this isn’t an effective way doing it.

Go out, be kind to everyone, just be nice, be considerate. That’s the heart of the issue most of the time. If people do that then it solves a lot of things, no wars, no racism.

Capodecina
Soldato
I guess that kneeling is not going to do much about this sort of acknowledgement of the existence of racism in White Southern England - wherever that is:
A black trainee vicar was rejected for a job by church bosses who said his potential parishioners were "monochrome white working class".

In an email sent in response to his application, Augustine Tanner-Ihm was told he "might feel uncomfortable" in the curacy role at the parish.

The email said despite his "obvious gifts", it was "not worth pursuing a conversation" about the vacancy in southern England. (LINK)
The Church of England has subsequently apologised - as well it might.

Commissario
tenor.gif

Soldato
How many blacks would kneel for a white boy?
I guess you'll only find out when whites feel they have something to kneel over. Maybe start something and see if it gathers some steam.

I don't see the problem with people doing this. Doesn't hurt anyone and if it makes them feel better, more power to them - much like the clapping in fact it's even less bothersome as you can't hear someone kneel. Not that I'm going to be taking a knee on my doorstep just as I didn't post a black square on a Tuesday.

For me personally racism isn't anything new so I keep having moments of feeling it's nice seeing more people acknowledge it and speak out against it and then on the other hand I feel like lots are just paying attention as it's the flavour of the month and they'll return to calling the corner shop something disgusting, a shortened version of Chinese for a takewaway or something else casually.

Associate
Return...

a black couple round my area haven’t stopped calling one of their children “chinks” since not long after his birth.

Permabanned
I guess that kneeling is not going to do much about this sort of acknowledgement of the existence of racism in White Southern England - wherever that is:

The Church of England has subsequently apologised - as well it might.

I know at least two churches (Church of England) locally where the arrival of a woman vicar decimated the sizes of the congregations. The C of E is still a bastion of old fashioned values and old fashioned prejudices, I am surprised I am not a church goer myself, to be frank ;)

Man of Honour
It’ll achieve the cube root of sweet Fanny Adams as it’s purely virtue signalling.

Yup - 2 weeks later (not necessarily literally but definitely figuratively) 90% who do it will have forgotten all about it while displaying behaviour in other part of their lives that indicate the fundamental lessons of this subject haven't been taken onboard.

Judge me by my actions I say (how I deal with people day to day) - if you can't do that you are no better than the people you are protesting about.

Back
Top Bottom