So, what is this going to achieve then?

Permabanned
It appears the Confederate flag, so beloved by my next door neighbours, is now, thanks to the BLM limelight, persona non grata at many American motor sport events and causing resignations and assorted hullabaloo, such as :

"Several NASCAR drivers have dropped helmet designer Beam Designs after the company also opposed the decision to ban the Confederate flag from all NASCAR tracks and races."

Reports that Beam Designs are changing their marketing name to Bame Designs has not yet been confirmed ;)

World's going mad, or the side effects of the virus are more nefarious than we realised.

Last edited:
Associate
Doorstep virtue signalling is one of the worst things to come out of the lockdown period.

Not seen clapping for carers - you're an evil NHS-hating Tory.
Not seen kneeling for BLM - you'll likely be a black-hating KKK colonial oppressor.

Do you stand when you hear God save the Queen?
Do you give a hoot about the royals or would you rather see the leeches gone?

I know I don't and am about a patriotic as bowl of custard. I feel no sense of pride in my country, it just is. I feel we have little to be proud of unless you class empire building as something great and being a bit less racist than a Nazi.

In America, if you don't fly a flag and don't say how great America is, then you are a commie or something.

Soldato
Stand up against racism. That's a good thing. Then, like all else, everyone else jumps on the bandwagon (social media etc.) and then I'm not sure what monster it becomes.

It's like the idiots that rock up to protests, but don't really know why they are there when questioned. Some people are simply triggered, triggered to revolt against something, anything, just to be seen to be sticking it to 'the man' :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
There is a short Dave Chapelle special on YouTube called 8:46 dealing with, in part, the Black Lives Matter movement. It’s pretty good and will probably evoke some sympathy in even the steeliest of critics of the movement.

Yeah, it does sound pretty darn ****ed up in the US when info is set out as he puts it.

Soldato
Wait until you get older.....!!
I was thinking about this. I groan both on the way down and up from tying my shoe laces!

There is a short Dave Chapelle special on YouTube called 8:46 dealing with, in part, the Black Lives Matter movement. It’s pretty good and will probably evoke some sympathy in even the steeliest of critics of the movement.

Yeah, it does sound pretty darn ****ed up in the US when info is set out as he puts it.

An amazing special, he really breaks it down. You don't often see Dave get mad and he almost breaks on stage.

Caporegime
I think it's going to achieve the same thing as clapping for the NHS did. It's showing your support.

Will be interesting to see how many people do it though. Can't see Boris doing it on the step of No. 10

Still can't quite get my head around the fact that in the second decade of the 21st century people are still bothered about the colour of someones skin. Just crazy.

That last bit. I know. Its amazing it's still a thing in the west

Soldato
It's true though. Nothing ever is enough for the SJW/woke brigade, most of whom tend to be white people getting offended on behalf of others. They will always find something wrong no matter how much pandering someone does.

I get some people are OTT "woke" it was the "take everything from you" bit.. nobody is taking anything by suggesting you show some solidarity albeit it in a cringy way.

I'm fairly sure the thing we're supposed to worry about being taken away is the ability to say, do and act however you want without the fear of being told you're a rude ****.

That last bit. I know. Its amazing it's still a thing in the west

Totally agree, mental. Always the same people on here who get all paper thin white skinned about it too. To complete the circle they're generally the usernames who were properly vocal on the brexit threads..

Who knew?

Soldato
It's just mega-cringe virtue-signalling IMO. There are a lot of probably well-meaning white middle-class people who just come across as damned patronising when they seem to think must speak/act on behalf of others.

Anyways, the only person I might consider kneeling for is the Queen. Everyone else can do one :)

Soldato
It's just mega-cringe virtue-signalling IMO. There are a lot of probably well-meaning white middle-class people who just come across as damned patronising when they seem to think must speak/act on behalf of others.

Anyways, the only person I might consider kneeling for is the Queen. Everyone else can do one :)

So you’d kneel before someone who is in their position due to being born into a family yet you find it cringey that people kneel to show their support for people who are judged by the colour of their skin?

Makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom