• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Regrets going from Intel to AMD?

Associate
You sir are correct.

I rechecked bios settings.
Cpu was on 47 multiplier but the uncore was only on 42.
I bumped the uncore to 44 and the 4770k now shows over 100 fps at all times in online play and cpu useage is around 60 - 70 %
I have a 5820K with the Asus x99-S, I would like to change that particular setting in order to fix random stuttering. Can you please tell me where specifically I can find that setting in the BIOS? Thanks!

Soldato
6700k to a 3900x. OK, I don't really push this cpu enough to get full benefits of the upgrade. I largely did it because I had some vouchers to spend and I was bored :p But it's blatantly a vastly more powerful processor :)

Associate
I had regrets going from 7700K to 1700 and sold it after a few months and spent 2 years on a 8700K.
But these days ryzen is pretty great and you should have no regrets.

Associate
I'm upgrading my machine from an Intel i7-4770k to a AMD 3900x and going to AMD for the first time. I have everything in the basket but before I click and make the purchase - I'd like to ask a few questions.

I went 9900k. My only regret was that the 10600k didn't appear for another year, or I would have gone for that instead. :)

C64

C64

Soldato
I've just gone amd first time since the athlon xp days last amd i had was a barton
2500k to 3600 it better not pop like the athlons did

Soldato
Exactly. Intel would still be peddling quad cores for over inflated prices if it wasn't for AMD.

Yes it's ironic that if Intel had just been more reasonable with pricing and moved the technology on a bit quicker AMD without never have caught up. As it is Intel will need a leap ahead to justify going back to their high prices for incremental performance increases.

Definitely no regrets supporting competition whilst getting a fast cool PC. Looking forwards to when the real competition begins ;)

Associate
My general recommendations have been:
Productivity: Amd 3900x
Plug n play gaming: amd 3700x or 3900x
High end setup with extensive Overclocking knowledge: 10900k with bdie

Back
Top Bottom