Dishwasher drain pump repair

Soldato
So the drain pump discharge elbow on the dishwasher popped off, dumped a load of water.
Tried to replace it with a jubilee clip, and tried it in the garden, popped straight off.
So I bought a proper clamp
https://www.thehosemaster.co.uk/stepless-1-ear-clamps-stainless/

Just fitted this morning, ran it through a rinse cycle and it was ok, put it on for a proper cycle and it popped off again.

Seems odd there's no lip on the plastic part to grip the hose. I'm reticent to fit another clamp...
What am I doing wrong here?

Cheers all

Soldato
Sorry none of our guys have worked for them thought I'd ask just incase it was a known issue, could try roughing it up with some emery cloth.

Is it separate to the sump housing?

Soldato
OP
So it would seem I told a porky, looks to be the circ pump delivery hose, took the strainer, spray bars etc out to see if I could find a blockage somewhere, nothing.
Put it all back together and run it through a cycle and again it seems fine although I have done nothing different.

w6Z3kekh.jpg
SQgA6Zqh.jpg

Soldato
Have you had this from new, as looking at your last photo it looks like the hose doesn't sit flush and maybe somethings missing?

Yellow circle shows tapering of the plastic, maybe for a seal of some sort?
Red circles show what looks to be a bayonet type fixing to hold something?

eMsz89l.jpg

Soldato
Lasted a week and did the same.
Looking to buy new now. Shame for the sake of a poxy clamp.
If you're going to chuck it, you might as well try some epoxy resin to hold it in place before getting rid of the machine. Even if you got the stuff from a pound shop and it lasted another week, it will have paid off.

Soldato
OP
If you're going to chuck it, you might as well try some epoxy resin to hold it in place before getting rid of the machine. Even if you got the stuff from a pound shop and it lasted another week, it will have paid off.

Not really, because when it does leak it dumps a load of water on the floor (laminate) so not doing that the world of good.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
As per Mr Cookies post, there looks to be a big locking ring missing? What are the big lugs which he has highlighted for, it looks like you'd locate and twist something onto that to lock this down....

Soldato
OP
Ah missed Cookies post somehow!
I agree, it should have some kinda locking mechanism, but it didn't.
I've had it from new yes, first time it's been in bits. Just that single ear clamp holds it on.

It's already A+ so not horrendous

Back
Top Bottom