Humble Choice

Caporegime
Rise of Industry looks like a thing I'd enjoy but not sure about any of the others!

But then I go and look at the reviews on Steam and that becomes a "meh". Another month is passed.

Soldato
Xcom 2 is fab as is Horace but that was free on epic. It's a pass from me but if you don't have the games already it's good value. JW only one in that lot for me.

Soldato
OP
This month's games:

Supraland
GRID Ultimate Edition
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
The Messenger
Barotrauma
Felix The Reaper
Men of War: Assault Squad 2
Stydian: Reign of the Old Ones
Remnants of Naezith
Overload
Stillness of the Wind
The King's Bird

If you want GRID, and/or don't subscribe to Game Pass, it looks pretty good. GRID: Ultimate is £11.49 on its own via CDKeys. Senua and Stillness of the Wind are on Game Pass.

Tough one for me. Supraland and Felix the Reaper look interesting, and I'd probably play Men of War. No point grabbing Hellblade or Stillness due to Game Pass. And my Steam library already has a bunch of driving games I've never played - not sure I need to add GRID to that list. The rest? Nah.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I went a bit mad and bought last months with X-Com 2 even though I may never get round to playing it. I got a voucher for $3 off that swung it. Not sure about this month. Hellblade is the only one I want but it’s not worth a tenner. Will need to research the others and see.

Soldato
OP
Turns out it was announced for Game Pass (Xbox) at XO19. Also, Felix the Reaper is on Game Pass. So four of the twelve are Game Pass titles, with a fifth confirmed as coming to the service.

Not great, really.

Associate
The bundles have definitely suffered since Epic started giving away free stuff and Game Pass came along. Not just where there is overlap in the offerings, but in terms of what they can actually get on in the bundles that represents a decent mix and good value. This was the first bundle I've actually taken some games on (Barotrauma and Stygian) since I originally signed-up in October last year (stupidly for the year's sub). That's mainly because the games either don't interest me or are available elsewhere (either GP or cheaper on Steam etc).

I wonder how doing it this way is performing for Humble vs the old method?

Soldato
Well it's certainly better for the consumer... previously you had the problem that if the monthly dropped and it turned out to have 9/10 games you already owned it was a bit of a kick in the teeth. At least now you can properly weigh up how worth it it is (how many games you already own... whether you can offset that by gifting a few keys to friends etc.)

I think the Humble Choice's have been pretty good generally - if I didn't already own a big library it would be amazing value; just a bit hit & miss when I've already got some of the games

Soldato
Paused another month, see what next month brings but more than likely going to remove my subscription. Just seeing too much overlap with other giveaways/sales.

Soldato
OP
Seems like another decent month. If it wasn't for Game Pass I'd have lept on it instantly.

Will probably just pause again though. The games from these bundles are stacking up. Must be a couple of hundred games in my Steam library from the "May as well redeem because it looks interesting and I'll play it... eventually" category :p

Back
Top Bottom