Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Hi all. Bought the game yesterday on PC after milking it dry on PS4. Bought just launched the game first time, I see the rockstar launcher come up and can then hear audio playing in background, but I get no image on screen, it's just black. I tried alt+enter to switch between full screen and such but no good. Any of you experience this at first launch? causes or fixes?

EDIT never mind, fixed by changing to DX12 API in the. Xml file

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all. Bought the game yesterday on PC after milking it dry on PS4. Bought just launched the game first time, I see the rockstar launcher come up and can then hear audio playing in background, but I get no image on screen, it's just black. I tried alt+enter to switch between full screen and such but no good. Any of you experience this at first launch? causes or fixes?

EDIT never mind, fixed by changing to DX12 API in the. Xml file

Same thing happened to me (bought the game a couple of weeks ago and just started yesterday). A swift reboot got it working for me.

Associate
was hoping for a sale on this, but seems AAA games are becoming more around the £50 to £60 mark, upgrading my pc recently and was thinking on playing this, im a PC gamer mainly so i missed out on the original which only came out on consoles, would this be worth a try ?

Caporegime
^ Absolutely yes. The intro drags on a touch too long but don't let that put you off: this is one of the best games I've ever played for scope, for feel, for visuals, for emotion, and for fun. It's verging on a masterpiece as the many, many 10/10 reviews attest to.

Soldato
was hoping for a sale on this, but seems AAA games are becoming more around the £50 to £60 mark, upgrading my pc recently and was thinking on playing this, im a PC gamer mainly so i missed out on the original which only came out on consoles, would this be worth a try ?

the Ultimate edition was £31 on CDKeys just a few weeks ago. The prices change often, just keep an eye out.

Soldato
^ Absolutely yes. The intro drags on a touch too long but don't let that put you off: this is one of the best games I've ever played for scope, for feel, for visuals, for emotion, and for fun. It's verging on a masterpiece as the many, many 10/10 reviews attest to.

I thought the same about the intro. Since finishing single player,I had a quick go of online but it's just not the same, stop playing it now. I was gutted when it ended.

Associate
At last some more content hopefully, I might go back to playing online, after doing all the original missions it is just the same thing over and over, its a shame as its a great game

Caporegime

I remember when they used to be £30 :p

Still cheaper than console games, the next gen ones are supposedly gona be £70/£80 a pop :eek:

Back
Top Bottom