** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
Destiny 2 and the latest call of duty. World of Warcraft etc.

I think someone who is a professional game (def not me ) would prefer tn or ips I think

I am not a professional gamer, but I hate the smears and ghosting on VA panels, it looks awful and that is why they rarely come up as recommended for gaming, any type. I suppose if you don't play anything fast paced at all, then it won't matter.

THis one might be different, I would like to see some reviews before even thinking about it.

Associate
I am not a professional gamer, but I hate the smears and ghosting on VA panels, it looks awful and that is why they rarely come up as recommended for gaming, any type. I suppose if you don't play anything fast paced at all, then it won't matter.

THis one might be different, I would like to see some reviews before even thinking about it.

Hmmm not sure VA is as bad as you make it. Racing and Sims on the Samsungs 49 are a wonder to behold. However you seem to really hate the tech. Your best bet is the LG 38 IPS.

Soldato
I am reflecting on some limited personal experience and on reviews. I don't think I am making it up :) I am hoping for this to be somewhat different, the previous Samsung monitors were shockingly bad.

I am not in a rush to change, I have my lovely LG 27 144hz 1440p one, which is great, only thinking that if I can upgrade to a 32" 240Hz HDR600 for a £150 or so I might think about it

Associate
I am reflecting on some limited personal experience and on reviews. I don't think I am making it up :) I am hoping for this to be somewhat different, the previous Samsung monitors were shockingly bad.

I am not in a rush to change, I have my lovely LG 27 144hz 1440p one, which is great, only thinking that if I can upgrade to a 32" 240Hz HDR600 for a £150 or so I might think about it

Have you looked at the CX 48 OLED TV ? I think that would make a top notch monitor and probably on my next buy list. Ahhh so many new monitors coming out. ( the new G9 Samsung also looks enticing, The LG 38 IPS looks nice but well overpriced for what it is )

Associate
The reason I am so interested in the G9 49 is that when games or even emulated games support the resolution its just breathtaking !

I have the Wii U and switch version of Zelda but to my shame only made it past the the first tower. The pc emulated Version has me hooked.

Associate
Any idea why these have been reduced by like £100 even before they are out? Was considering the 27" one as a replacement to my cheap 1080p monitor, but worried now that they may not be up to much cop?

Associate
Lot of competition right now, I am flip flopping between ultrawides and this, main things influencing me is the gfx needs of an ultrawide Vs this and the ultrawide would be a 'cheap' one Vs this being premium

Associate
Most of it is in depth marketing points
But ufo and chase tests look impressive even if incorrectly done. No sign of black smear at least.

It has pivot portrait mode! I bet it looks ridiculous with 1000R curve

Associate
I have to admit when The games fully support 32 9 resolution. The games are stunning. I’m tempted when I upgrade to have the old one setup for arcade play for games like mortal kombat etc

Associate
Ordered mine for £499 (32 inch), currently rocking a 27 TN and a 34 IPS (But only 1080p res), will be an interesting combo on the desk

Associate
So tempted to get the 27" (Missed out on a LG 27gl850 for £399) so this is looking like a very good option while stock looks poor on everything else.

A lot of sites are showing July 7th as the shipping date.

Just wish it was flat (or at least less of a curve)

Back
Top Bottom