Star Wars Squadrons

Associate
I reeeeeaalllllllly want it to be good. Please please don't fudge it up.

I hope it's the tip of the iceburg. With more ships to come and continuing to update and diversify game modes.

Imagine 64 player dog fights....dribble.

Oh and sign me up in an A-Wing....the boost junkies of the universe.

Soldato
Looks excellent, my concern though is it keeps harping on about your squadron, and they contain 5 ships.

Even the battlefleet mode only shows the one squadron on each side battling it out.

I would want 20v20 minimum to keep it interesting. Otherwise it would be like a 5v5 footy game on a full sized pitch. Too much space to do what you want.

Man of Honour
Wait, that trailer looks absolutely fantastic. They've kept this pretty quiet.

Shame you can't have more than 5 vs 5 though. I think this is the only thing holding me back. Content wise it looks pretty limited and repetitive, although fleet battles sound great at first.

That'll be sweet with VR.

Caporegime
Yeah, the only thing putting me off is 5v5. I want huge mass players in full scale war. The things I thought I was going to get with Elite Dangerous.

Associate
Wait, that trailer looks absolutely fantastic. They've kept this pretty quiet.

Shame you can't have more than 5 vs 5 though. I think this is the only thing holding me back. Content wise it looks pretty limited and repetitive, although fleet battles sound great at first.

That'll be sweet with VR.
Yeah, the only thing putting me off is 5v5. I want huge mass players in full scale war. The things I thought I was going to get with Elite Dangerous.

I reckon they'll throw that in eventually. But I suspect they want the core of the game to stay 5v5 as it'll stop it being a free for all where tactics and skill are just as important as eachother and it doesn't become a zerg fest.
Finding 4 other mates wouldn't be too hard where as trying to organise 19 would be like herding cats.

If they do this right could see this becoming an esport title.

Soldato
Any chance you can expand on that? I'm guessing if you have it on origin you miss out on the steam friends quick links and achievements...but that's it?

I'm not 100% sure myself. But from what I can work out, if you buy it on steam it will install the framework for origin. (i.e) the stuff it needs to function as DRM in the background. You will not have the orgin store, friend list etc.
It will be something to seek clarification on though

Soldato
I'm not 100% sure myself. But from what I can work out, if you buy it on steam it will install the framework for origin. (i.e) the stuff it needs to function as DRM in the background. You will not have the orgin store, friend list etc.
It will be something to seek clarification on though

Fair enough, I'm just gonna get it through Origin (read: cdKeys), it has cross play anyway so am sure they will do something like Activision has done with COD (I should probably see how NFS: Heat does it actually!)

Anyway gameplay last night looked alright, for £25 this seems like a fun blast around!

Soldato
To me this feels like they have made it to lend itself to ‘esports’ and competitive play. A 64 player free for all wouldn’t really cater for that market.

Think rainbow six siege in space rather than fortnite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom