Cyberpunk 2077

Caporegime
So more info I have found is that the press are doing some previews now, to be released in a week or so. The most interesting part is that the game will work on PS4,PS5,XB1 and XSX, but the true next gen versions wont be out till 2021, the game will look better on the next gen consoles at launch due to BC improvements, better textures possibly. Those who own the PS4/XB1 versions of the game will be able to download the true next gen version for free when the new versions release.

Or maybe even 2022.

When questioned on the timing of the "proper" next-gen version, CD Projekt could not confirm it would arrive in 2021.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ll-get-day-one-patch-to-work-on-playstation-5

Soldato
Must admit, I'm pretty happy about this. I will get a new console, and I'd much rather have a big title like this to play through immediately. Considering that's going to be a Series X, the lack of news on Halo Infinite and the other first party titles isn't filling me with confidence, so this is a welcome delay.

Soldato
I tend to only play a game to the end once so not to happy that there will be yet another version out 2021/22 with true next gen upgrades, would rather wait and pick that one up. Something is telling me that this new next-gen isn't worth upgrading too for at least 1 to 2 years after release which would be a first for me as i always buy at launch.

Caporegime
I tend to only play a game to the end once so not to happy that there will be yet another version out 2021/22 with true next gen upgrades, would rather wait and pick that one up. Something is telling me that this new next-gen isn't worth upgrading too for at least 1 to 2 years after release which would be a first for me as i always buy at launch.

And presumably there will be DLC packs added after that, so it could take until 2023 before there is a Complete Edition.

Soldato
I don't see how it does have anything to do with the next generation consoles. Right now there is the potential that this game will come out, for PS4 the day before the PS5 is released.
Then, potentially another year until a PS5 version appears.
The PS5 will throttle - it has to emulate a PS4, so you'll be getting a PS4 experience of the game either on your PS4 or your PS5. That wouldn't have changed if the game was released last now, on it's original release date or on 19th November.

All that potentially could happen now is that people will say sod it, I've waited this long, I may as well wait a bit longer and get the PS5 version.

Soldato
I’ve read there will be a day one patch for ps5 owners. Upping the fps iirc

Edit. Correct me if I’m wrong tho :p I’m sure that’s what I read somewhere.

Caporegime
All games published after July this year have to have a PS5 mode (not necessarily using the full features of the PS5 but they have to run without issues in PS5 mode of the APU) so I’m expecting Cyberpunk to have an unlocked frame rate mode on PS4 which should mean 60fps at 1080p or 1440p on PS5 until the proper version arrives.

Associate
I’ve read there will be a day one patch for ps5 owners. Upping the fps iirc

Edit. Correct me if I’m wrong tho :p I’m sure that’s what I read somewhere.

They've just posted it on their Facebook page - wasn't any surprise considering they already announced 'Smart Delivery' for Xbox. Sony have said its basically up to the dev's to include forward compatibility which in essence, is no different to Xbox as again, that relies on the dev's putting it in place for Series X.

Shawrey.

Associate
Backwards compatibility day 1 and a free future patch for full next gen support. I understand the disappointment in the delay, but that seems very reasonable to me :confused:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Backwards compatibility day 1 and a free future patch for full next gen support. I understand the disappointment in the delay, but that seems very reasonable to me :confused:
No one is complaining about that though :confused:

We are just disappointed in having to wait even longer.

Soldato
I don't see how it does have anything to do with the next generation consoles. Right now there is the potential that this game will come out, for PS4 the day before the PS5 is released.
Then, potentially another year until a PS5 version appears.
The PS5 will throttle - it has to emulate a PS4, so you'll be getting a PS4 experience of the game either on your PS4 or your PS5. That wouldn't have changed if the game was released last now, on it's original release date or on 19th November.

All that potentially could happen now is that people will say sod it, I've waited this long, I may as well wait a bit longer and get the PS5 version.

Erm no.

They have confirmed an update will be released for PS5 helping the performance of the game.

It may not be true next gen but it will run better, I've a feeling it's gonna be one of those games that really pushes a ps4 or even the pro.

Meh just means I get a big game to play on the PS5 at launch, may not have all the bells and whistles but it's still gonna be pretty and hopefully run nice and smooth.

Back
Top Bottom