OcUK's #1 Driving Song - Stage 1: The Entries **CLOSING MIDNIGHT**

Caporegime
Underworld Born Slippy if you want to lose your licence.

Also pretty much anything from The Fat of the Land by The Prodigy but if I was going to pick one.

Lastly a bit of nostlagia but I would have to go for The Cardigans and My Favourite Game which just pips Feeder and Just a Day.

A bit of a 90's vibe but everyone has their decade.

Last edited:
Associate
1st nomination is Moog - We were Young. It's a pretty chill track like quite a lot of Mighty Car Mods music.

2nd nomination is Flume - Sintra. First time I heard this was in a mountain drift video and it really suited the slow drifts they had going on and stuck with me ever since. I used to feel like the man every time my 350z got a little bit sideways and this was playing:D
Drift video if anyone is interested

Final nomination is from Forza. Fred V & Grafix - Constellations. This one gets me past the speed limit every time!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Guys, quick query on the format - should I change this to an entries thread, saving nominations for another?

It might make it a bit more structured and allow for fuller voting.

Soldato
Only have one, and it's probably less of a "nomination" and more of a "I might be the only one to like this but here it is" instead.

Metallica's cover of Am I Evil - The first 4min 5secs is a slow building powerhouse, then at the 4min 5 sec mark the brakes come off and the rhythm guitar's riff just hammers your brain. It was a well known thing for passengers in my various cars that, if this song came on that despite being quite a chatty person normally, I'd slowly stop talking, both hands would move to 3-9 on the wheel and my road concentration would rocket like I was suddenly on a race track and they'd know to brace themselves as my driving became "sporty".

Then as the song ended I'd "return to normal" and carry on the conversation as it nothing had happened, almost like I'd entered a "fugue" state (a period of loss of awareness of one's identity, often coupled with flight from one's usual environment). Strangely this only happens to me whilst driving, so if I'm sat at home or on a plane/train etc it has no effect other than being enjoyable to listen to.

Every single Live version I've heard has been crap for me because they only ever play the slower first part of the song, which is as silly as sex without the Big O at the end :D

JRS

JRS

Soldato
My first entry - Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen - "Hot Rod Lincoln"

Second - The Allman Brothers Band - "Ramblin' Man"

Third - Jackson Browne - "Running On Empty"

Associate
Some old school real road music:

Quiet night driving courtesy of a lesser known Phil Collins and Sting song:

When you need to outbang the locals with a song they likely won't be able to find or know anything about, RIP Caspar Pound:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Thread bump.

I don't feel we have enough variety to have encompassed a good portion of the ocuk populous to close the entries just yet.

Soldato
i have occasionally taken a detour to listen to the entirety of this:

alternately for a bit of blood pumping:

or because i just can't not sing along:

Back
Top Bottom