wood fired pizza oven - anyone have one?

Associate
Associate
There are many modular "kit form" ovens available on e-bay but check out the sellers as I have heard a few horror stories from people buying the cheaper options.....others are O.K you just need to do a bit of homework.

There are many legit UK company's that sell modular ovens and many refractory company's who will sell you fire-bricks etc needed for a home build.

There is much help on the internet(wood-fired oven forums) which will help you in building your own WFO.....all free of charge. This is my first post here so I will not attempt to include links (firstly it probably won't work...and second...it's very rude) but I can point you in the right direction. First port'a'call is forno bravo dot com...brilliant informative website with an interactive forum. 2nd..is traditional dot com...no forum but a world of info. there is also a UK WFO forum for enthusiasts for sourcing materials here in the UK and buying or building their own oven.

All the best with your own oven's

Terry

Associate
Greetings from West Wales

Just reminded me of my trip to Milan 3 years ago. They had these on the streets on market day. May provide you with some inspiration?

5429703638_af06fe4b73_b.jpg

Hi Pav89, I found your link through a friend Canny Fraddock, who runs a UK Wood Fired Oven forum. When I saw your photo I thought that I would like to copy the design to build a similar oven myself. Now I can't get to Milan to take a look myself, I wondered if you had any more photos, so that I could work out some of the design features.
It's a bit of a long shot, but you never know. Please let me know on [email protected]
I retired from the Fire Service last year and I went to Damascus Syria for the winter, with my family. We had to leave once the troubles started. The food culture is very good in Syria, lots of brick ovens and great bread. Is it the same in UAE? Was salaam & best wishes Nick

Soldato
I'm currently in the process of building a wood fired oven, be warned if you're thinking of building your own from scratch it's a massive undertaking and a lot of research should be done before proceeding.

This forum has all the information you'd ever need on WFO and how to build one, you can even get free plans if you sign up.

https://community.fornobravo.com/forum

Back
Top Bottom