The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
I just purchased the Tamron 28-75 to compliment the FE 70-200 & FE 200-600 mm. Just looking for a wide angle Landscape/astro-photography at the bottom end and maybe the 85mm (and I'll be happy).

The Tamron 17-28 seems decent for landscape. The Sigma 20 1.4 is beautiful, but I haven't yet tried it for astro - just not enough darkness for the next few weeks.

Soldato
Same, in fact from my tests the 200-600 was sharper at some focal lengths and apertures. Like I said above the only thing I could really comment on was the 200-600 is a lot bigger, if it's something you want to put in your bag with a bunch of other lenses the 100-400 may be better choice.
I'd rather buy a bigger bag than do without. Which is what I did with the Endurax.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfU1NQd-j40

Soldato
Yeah. It is the assumed versatility that led me to pull the trigger. It won't arrive for the next few days so won't be able to use it until the weekend.
Well this went Pete Tongue. Despite me ordering the 90mm it ended up being mistakenly sold to somebody else :( This caused me to reevaluate and I ended up with the Sigma 105 Art. I'll be using this as a low light event lens despite it's size and weight along with portraiture etc. I've got the Loawa 100 macro so no major loss with regard to the 90mm.

Soldato
Anybody using the FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS. I just opted for this over the 85mm f1.8. Hope I've made the right choice.
It's probably the sharpest lens that I have ever used, in fact some reviewers have suggested de-sharpening some portraits as it's too sharp and highlights blemishes on the subjects skin.
I have used it both for macro and portraits of my family and I am very impressed with the results.
The AF/MF clutch is delightful to use and the manual focusing ring is smooth in operation although I mostly make final focus with a rail. The AF is snappy too both on my A9 and A6000.
My only concern was the amount of focus breathing when doing focus stacking but by all accounts many other macro lenses are worse. A friend of mine has the Laowa 100mm macro which is highly rated but he is very disappointed with the focus breathing.
I'm happy with my purchase which is very unusual for me as I often develop buyers remorse!

Soldato
Well this went Pete Tongue. Despite me ordering the 90mm it ended up being mistakenly sold to somebody else :( This caused me to reevaluate and I ended up with the Sigma 105 Art. I'll be using this as a low light event lens despite it's size and weight along with portraiture etc. I've got the Loawa 100 macro so no major loss with regard to the 90mm.
Probably a better choice choice for portraits over the 90 Macro :)
Did you look at the 135 ?

Back
Top Bottom