China and war

Permabanned
How long will it take for a war between China and the rest of the world.

personally I think the Cold War was never over. The east could not beat the west when it can to economics of war, My theory, Russia and China et al had an alternative agenda. The fall of the Berlin Wall was a gamble for the Russians to help influence the hidden war they were going to impose with the west.

Transfer of tech to the east to help advance their economies to build tech weapons financed like the west.

The west had fallen for this Trojan horse, and given the east the power, economic and tech to start to dominate the west.

I personally think the US have caught on but under Obama did not think it was true.
Trump has understood this and taken actions to stop or point out the dangers that the east have been keeping under wraps.
With all the goings on with China, the virus released , land grabbing and dictating to smaller country what they must do or feel the economic impact the Chinese would cause.

I do think the west should stop trading with China now before it becomes too late. China has 2 aircraft carriers and 3 more on its way, with in a few years they would match the US and possibly over taken them.

This is an all out war west v east and the west had been caught with their nickers down.

Caporegime
lol no.
chinas clearly an aggressive expansionist who only cares for it's own goals though and I would not trust them.

the west should not trust them, the west should not become reliant on china, the west should seek to move factories out of china and in to some other poor country where Chinese people don't have control.
also no chinese high tech companies should be running nuclear power plants or communications networks in ours

China is not our friend

Man of Honour
I don't think it is that simple, at least at face value Russia has been more siding with India vs China when it comes to it - I think they see China as a threat as much as anyone else and the two in cooperation have much more clout vs China than they do alone.

I definitely think we need to be looking to the long game when it comes to China though and it might necessitate moves in the short term people will find unpalatable but in hindsight would be much more preferable :s

Soldato
This is why high levels of defence spending in certain countries must remain. Other countries will take the initiative if we falter. China will grow in power, for sure. They're doing a great job from a strategic PoV in building allies around the world through investment in infrastructure and construction. Soft power can be more useful than hard power, sometimes. Their Navy is way behind that of the US, they aren't going to catch up any time soon, if ever.

They sure need us for their exports, remember.

Man of Honour
War is coming with China that is for sure,

I can't see a hot war with China without something extraordinary happening - but I would be unsurprised to see things moving towards a cold war footing with some potential tensions/risk of escalation/isolated flashpoints.

Soldato
I don't see why China would go to war with the USA or Europe or Russia in any way other than economically. Even that would be difficult and can only be done if they have control of a scarce natural resource.

Soldato
@Mrwong why would a hot war benefit China? I can’t see a benefit for China to deploy troops against another power l. Empire building through military force is dead, what’s the benefit here?

Caporegime
chinas is still playing catchup
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi...2437/china-now-has-more-warships-than-the-us/
america has better bigger ships that are more useful for projecting power around the world.. don't rely on numbers to portrait an actual picture.

I think the race on earth is unimportant and the race to be the masters of industry in space will be the ones who are the real super power.

no one seems to really be investing much in to space still though.
nassa is something stupid like 4% of the military spending budget of America.
imagine how far ahead America would be if for the last 2 decades they had nasa running with a budget around 25% of the military spending.

they would probably already be mining precious metals in space
I don't see why China would go to war with the USA or Europe or Russia in any way other than economically. Even that would be difficult and can only be done if they have control of a scarce natural resource.

Chinas economy is too tied to everyone elses for them to be going to war and the same for anyone who wants to war with them.

china can do what they want, whos going to impose economic sanctions on them really

Man of Honour
no one seems to really be investing much in to space still though.
nassa is something stupid like 4% of the military spending budget of America.
imagine how far ahead America would be if for the last 2 decades they had nasa running with a budget around 25% of the military spending.

they would probably already be mining precious metals in space

Depends - the US military budget has been hugely wasteful - if the same was true of their space program with the same kind of budget they'd probably not even made it to the moon by now :s

Soldato
The west has built china, giving away or selling tech secrets and funding it, same with Russia.

Not really with Russia, Russia is broke and doesn't get a lot of business from the west.

Europeans tried to do business in Russia last decade, but got harassed by the state sponsored mafia so most pulled out entirely. Offices were literally getting stripped by Putin cronies.

China is much more subtle with it's takeovers. A lot of Chinese companies/businessmen are legit, but many are fronts for CCP. What we should be doing in the UK is saying no more British businesses can be sold off abroad.

Last edited:
Soldato
China have enough on their plate dealing with keeping their own population under dictatorial control. They would require massive expansion of their military to even think about open warfare with the West. It ain't happening.

Soldato
Not really with Russia, Russia is broke and doesn't get a lot of business from the west.

Europeans tried to do business in Russia last decade, but got harassed by the state sponsored mafia so most pulled out entirely. Offices were literally getting stripped by Putin cronies.

China is much more subtle with it's takeovers. A lot of Chinese companies/businessmen are legit, but many are fronts for CCP. What we should be doing in the UK is saying no more British businesses can be sold off abroad.

Your right I meant Russia 30+ years ago.

Caporegime
The rest of the world benefited from taking advantage of China's massive work force to make cheap goods to fund our life style from throw away fashion to cheap electronics....I mean how else do you get a 50" TV for under £300?

In return China got money in return, I mean that's how it works. You get paid for your work. We can not use China and build everything ourselves but in return we need to prepare to pay much higher prices for pretty much everything. Or pay other countries with a similar work force to do it, like India, but they too will get rich we are still going to have the same problem in a couple of decades.

As for actual war and invasion, that's not going to happen. The US will crush pretty much everyone if there is a real war. The US have a much larger military, more allies and more oil.

Back
Top Bottom