Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Soldato
The start of the allied last mission :mad::mad::mad:
That’s tricky need to move Tanya and the thieves down away from the first set of barrels and then back again after they are detonated. After that it is just building tonnes of tanks. I did build a couple of cruisers and a chronosphere to disrupt them a bit while I built the tank force. I’m not sure they made a huge difference.

Soldato
JUN 15th, 2020
C&C Remastered

LAUNCH UPDATE AND UPCOMING PATCH
Get details on the upcoming patch and Installation Videos.

https://www.ea.com/games/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-remastered/news/launch-update-patch

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

The Command & Conquer Remastered Collection has now been live for ten days, and our teams have been absolutely humbled by the response from players and journalists around the world. I’ve been spending the past week engrossed in streams, articles, and community comments about the game, trying to absorb every piece of feedback players are providing. But at the same time, also just smiling as I observe players being transported back to their childhood with waves of nostalgia, hopefully providing a positive moment during these times. Congratulations and thank you to everyone in the community for helping to make the launch such a memorable event.

I wanted to cover a few topics in today’s post. The first is to highlight one of the most meaningful features of the Remastered Collection - the Installation Videos. Players from around the world have been loving these sequences, with entire articles being written about the emotional reaction they garnered. But unless you went into the Bonus Gallery to read the details, you may not know that these two videos were not created directly by our development teams, but instead by long-time C&C community member, Luke “CCHyper” Feenan.

Luke has been an integral part of our Community Council since the beginning of the project. When I learned Luke was a graphics designer by trade, I asked if he would be willing to remaster the installation sequences into something truly special. He created a five-second test for us, and it was instantly clear he would be able to pour the passion and attention to detail into the project. So we contracted Luke to work with us, and over the course of six months he created the sequences, brainstorming with Petroglyph and myself on how to shift them from an “Installation” sequence to an “Upgrade” sequence. We would review the progress with Luke every two weeks or so to provide feedback, and Luke’s skills and creativity were surpassed only by his professionalism. I’m so proud of Luke for creating content that will go down in C&C history, and that the first thing anyone experiences in the Remastered Collection was created by a member of the C&C community.

The second topic I wanted to discuss was our upcoming patch. We’re currently putting the final touches on this patch, as we continue to prioritize and react to player feedback. The goal of this patch is multifold:

1. Complete several of the top community requested features which just missed the launch date, including items like Private Game Lobbies and a choosing sub-factions for RA Quickmatch
  2. Address many of the top bugs which have been seen in the launch version, including a potential improvement to the framerate stuttering issue
  3. Implement some additional quality-of-life improvements, such as enabling the “Deploy” hotkey to unload APCs and multi-queue units on the Repair Facility in Tiberian Dawn (same now as RA)
  4. Iterate on our Quickmatch ruleset to ensure we’re creating the proper foundation for competitive play
In total, there should be several dozen items addressed in this patch, and we’ll provide a comprehensive set of patch notes when the patch is released.

Regarding the Quickmatch rules, we’ve heard strong and unanimous feedback from our engaged multiplayer competitors. In fact, we’re actually able to make several of these changes on the backend and have decided to implement several of these changes effective today. The key changes to Quickmatch as requested by the community are the following:

• Increasing the Game Speed from Normal to Fast
  • Reducing the Starting Units to zero
  • Removing Aftermath units from Quickmatch in Red Alert (due to extreme balance issues)
  • Adding two more maps to the Tiberian Dawn map rotation:
    • Monkey in the Middle
    • One Pass Fits All
We’re hoping the community can play with these changes over the next week and continue to provide us feedback as we strive to improve this mode of the game.

Thanks again for all the appreciative words over the past ten days, and please continue to provide your feedback so we can improve your experience with the Remastered Collection.

Cheers,

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

Soldato
If I had to guess, it'd be the Chronotank and missile subs that would cause the most balancing issues
Those were the ones I was thinking about too. Just wondered if there were others. I think even the base game can be a little unbalanced towards Soviets. Heavy tanks and tesla coils are very strong. Mammoth tanks are too but they are expensive and slow to build.

Soldato
I'm the kind of player who likes to play skirmish but build up a massive army and have a huge all or nothing battle at the end. Are there any suitable custom maps out there or settings that might facilitate this craving? :D

I'm thinking having at least 2-3 allied enemy teams otherwise i doubt i'll have enough enemies to face?

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Got around to the GDI campaign, loving it so far. Don't know if its the music, the hint of scifi in a real world setting or that Kanes a better bad guy but I like C&C more than RA.

Also all these years I though the commando had a red bandana like Rambo but it is in fact a red beret :eek::eek:

Associate
Got around to the GDI campaign, loving it so far. Don't know if its the music, the hint of scifi in a real world setting or that Kanes a better bad guy but I like C&C more than RA.

Also all these years I though the commando had a red bandana like Rambo but it is in fact a red beret :eek::eek:

KANE LIVES!

Soldato
sad to see they have increased game speed for online play, I found normal a bit too fast, and play on moderate, they have moved it from normal to fast. :(

I wonder if there will be any changes to campaign balance issues reported. Pathfinding, the issue where you click and nothing happens. Also nod mission 12, the comms centre isnt linked to airstrikes so destroying it doesnt prevent them, another bug I hope they fix.

Man of Honour
Found on reddit :p

yfmq7l07vh551.png

Soldato
Got around to finishing the last Soviet mission, which is far harder than Allies last mission. Also finished all the Ant missions which were harder than the Dino missions.

Soldato
That meme is hilarious:D

My mate and I are playing, lobby is a mess tbh. Get locked all the time. No custom lobby matches. Can't search as 2vs. List of servers is for some reason small and moves all the time. Thought they were making MP serious.

Soldato
Do you know I forgot all about having pre-ordered this and for some reason thought it came out on the 20th! Downloading now, will see how far I can get before becoming stuck...

Associate
Anyone else having a bug where if you try and assign a hotkey to units, the game drops out to the desktop and then key presses aren't recognised afterwards?

For example, if I do CTRL + 1 to assign a hotkey to some units, it dumps me out to the desktop and starts up a browser window. Bit of an internet search suggests it's fairly common, anyone managed to find a workaround?

Other than small bugs and some quality of life type improvements, very happy with the game. Scratches the nostalgia itch quite nicely.

Soldato
Well the AI still cheats! Repairing structures after you captured/demolished their CY and refinery... So I don't feel too bad that apparently the sandbag exploit which can help win later missions in the original C&C has been left in.

The AI is also incredibly dumb - your troops are doing push ups while an enemy is attacking one of your structures a few scale feet away!

Associate
Well the AI still cheats! Repairing structures after you captured/demolished their CY and refinery... So I don't feel too bad that apparently the sandbag exploit which can help win later missions in the original C&C has been left in.

The AI is also incredibly dumb - your troops are doing push ups while an enemy is attacking one of your structures a few scale feet away!

Yeah I was kinda hoping they would add improvements to the AI to mask the blatent cheating they do and maybe have it as togglable option so that the purist could switch it off.

There is some good mods that do some things to address things like pathfinding and improve AI, for Red Alert QoL or quality of life is one available on the steam workshop and another for Tiberium Dawn is CFE Patch they adds things like attack move, rally points , smarter harvesters etc modern wall building. Trying to bring the game up to modern RTS standards.

Back
Top Bottom