Terrorist attack in Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
This is such nonsense.

I suggest that the correlation between a stabbing at a BLM protest is an act of terrorism is nonsense and those who peddle such a narrative are doing so are doing it to discredit the BLM movement. I subsequently assume those who try to discredit the movement don’t agree with equality based on skin colour and are therefore racists.

What do you disagree about that?
To be fair, I don’t think it’s much of a leap to question whether it’s in some way related to the ongoing protests that are ongoing in the news if there was a protest in the park. As to which side it would be related to, nobody can say.

Soldato
This is such nonsense.

I suggest that the correlation between a stabbing at a BLM protest is an act of terrorism is nonsense and those who peddle such a narrative are doing so are doing it to discredit the BLM movement. I subsequently assume those who try to discredit the movement don’t agree with equality based on skin colour and are therefore racists.

What do you disagree about that?

Pretty much everything.

There was no link made of stabbings at the protest, someone asked a question was promptly corrected and then a new thread was started. Even the stuff in the BLM thread wasn't trying to make the link you are imagining. Terrorism wasn't even mentioned in the BLM thread so you're just creating fiction.

And the BLM movement is a much bigger topic and there are a variety of reasons why people cannot support it without being racist. You're views are just outdated and closed minded.

Associate
The guy was Libyan apparently, so it's either an unrelated terror attack that took advantage of the people still gathered there or a nutter that's been drinking too much of BLM Kool-Aid.

We will get more details tomorrow I guess. :(:(

Soldato
To be fair, I don’t think it’s much of a leap to question whether it’s in some way related to the ongoing protests that are ongoing in the news if there was a protest in the park. As to which side it would be related to, nobody can say.

I didn’t say it wasn’t related. I questioned if it was terror related.

The original poster in the BLM thread (not the poster of this thread) tried to correlate the BLM movement with terrorism, IMO.

I think that correlation isn’t fair and was an active attempt to discredit the movement. And again, as I stated when I replied to you, I feel that those who are trying to actively discredit the BLM movement are racist.

Soldato
Pretty much everything.

There was no link made of stabbings at the protest, someone asked a question was promptly corrected and then a new thread was started. Even the stuff in the BLM thread wasn't trying to make the link you are imagining. Terrorism wasn't even mentioned in the BLM thread so you're just creating fiction.

And the BLM movement is a much bigger topic and there are a variety of reasons why people cannot support it without being racist. You're views are just outdated and closed minded.

Of course there was a link. Here’s the quote. The poster was trying to link the stabbings with the movement by posting his post in that thread.

Why didn’t he post the question in the car cleaning thread? Because he wasn’t trying to associate a stabbing with a chamois cloth...

https://news.sky.com/story/police-d...gwzUJeRJ665cu1VsCXazXFnj5JiE3wZhdwGw-Q2peFJmM

What is this incident going on in reading? anyone have any details?

Caporegime
I didn’t say it wasn’t related. I questioned if it was terror related.

The original poster in the BLM thread (not the poster of this thread) tried to correlate the BLM movement with terrorism, IMO.

I think that correlation isn’t fair and was an active attempt to discredit the movement. And again, as I stated when I replied to you, I feel that those who are trying to actively discredit the BLM movement are racist.
You want to lay off the scotch mate. Plenty of people try to discredit political movements and organisations that they disagree with. The PM and opposition leader do it every week.

You’re seeing what’s not there.

Caporegime
It just amazes me that he saw "possible terrorism attack" where BLM protest was held and immediately assumed OP meant some black people did the stabbing in the name of BLM (at their own protest - yeah, that makes sense lol). Any reasonable person would assume that "terrorist attack at BLM protest" would more than likely mean a far right extremist has carried it out, but not him. His mind automatically jumped to that for some utterly bizarre reason.

If someone posted a thread about a mass stabbing that occured at a mosque and was described as a possible terrorist attack, would you assume it's a far right extremist or would you assume it's a Muslim killing people in their own place of worship? Normal people would assume far right extremist, Ahleckz would come in and brand the OP as Islamophobic.

Soldato
Of course there was a link. Here’s the quote. The poster was trying to link the stabbings with the movement by posting his post in that thread.

Why didn’t he post the question in the car cleaning thread? Because he wasn’t trying to associate a stabbing with a chamois cloth...

I am honestly not sure if you can even read what your posting. Someone posts asking what is going on in Reading after a BLM protest taking place there the same day, maybe that posted didn't have specific knowledge of what times the protest finished? Car Cleaning thread? Reach much?

Soldato

You're seeing something which wasn't there. I'd suggest not trying to make a leap like this as it's really quite dangerous thinking. Also, you better get used to folks looking to criticise the BLM org/movement it's going to be getting a lot of attention given some of their principles. Same with any other political movement or organisation.

Soldato
It just amazes me that he saw "possible terrorism attack" where BLM protest was held and immediately assumed OP meant some black people did the stabbing in the name of BLM (at their own protest - yeah, that makes sense lol). Any reasonable person would assume that "terrorist attack at BLM protest" would more than likely mean a far right extremist has carried it out, but not him. His mind automatically jumped to that for some utterly bizarre reason.

If someone posted a thread about a mass stabbing that occured at a mosque and was described as a possible terrorist attack, would you assume it's a far right extremist or would you assume it's a Muslim killing people in their own place of worship? Normal people would assume far right extremist, Ahleckz would come in and brand the OP as Islamophobic.

Or perhaps I don’t assume a stabbing is automatically related to terrorism, perhaps it can just be a nutter? As it generally is where I live....

Caporegime

If I had to jump to anything I would have had assumed the more hardcore elements from the protest stuck around as did the more hardcore elements of racist groups looking for trouble.

but even that doesn't seem to be the case, just some lone nutter most likely.

wonder how old the guy is and how long he's been in the country.

Associate
The world is going absolutely bonkers - so we've got a BLM protest, all the rhetoric that goes with this, and then a terrorist blind sides the lot of them, and goes on a stabbing spree........nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom