Terrorist attack in Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
And there was a double shooting in Moss Side Manchester last night. Two men 'self presenting' to hospital. One has died, one is critical.

I really dont know what people are thinking at the moment.

Soldato
OP
What an utter mess this thread has become. I'm surprised the mods haven't dished out a few short breaks away from the forum. Half of the threads on here are "he said, she said" nonsense.

Why do some people feel the need to keep arguing over and over and over.

Funny how the first argument was how the OP said it was terrorist related (even though he didn't), and not two seconds later sky news started reporting it as that :D

I think the OP deserves an apology from a few people on here.

Meh I'm not bothered I was just confused as to how I was a racist lol. It only takes a second to look at my post history to see that clearly isn't the case.

On the actual topic...which lasted a whole post...Good to see someone has been arrested. Poor people just sat in the park. RIP

Soldato
I'm getting sick of people coming from different countries and committing these types of acts. We really need to look at who we let in and vet them properly. People just enjoying their evening in the park have been killed, it is a disgrace. I live in a predominantly Muslim country and you don't have these kind of nutjobs doing stuff like this, we really need some changes.

What country do you live in?

Its also a bit late, labour messed this up in the 90s and it still went on under the conservatives watch, I think most attackers have been british born but still descendants of immigrant families.

Soldato
BBC article suggests the Libyan guy "from reading" had been in prison in the UK for a "relatively minor offence", so minor that it required a prison sentence.

I'm sure the families of the victims will find solice in the weakness of the justice system, why wasnt he deported?

Associate
BBC article suggests the Libyan guy "from reading" had been in prison in the UK for a "relatively minor offence", so minor that it required a prison sentence.

I'm sure the families of the victims will find solice in the weakness of the justice system, why wasnt he deported?

Because the justice system in this country is poor.

Capodecina
Soldato

LINK to this BBC article and explanation of your "interesting" interpretation of it?

Man of Honour
It was in response to this
I don't want to delete your original comment as I can see why you thought it was relevant, and I don't wanting to drag it further off topic, but want to put a pin in this, so... I understand why you would say that, however you're wrong. It's a phenomenon washing over the entire western world, Brexit is merely a symptom of the polarisation rather than a cause. It ha sits own stirring effects, yes, but it runs deeper. The referendum here certainly isn't the cause of any polarisation existing in the USA. /Brexit discussion.

Associate
So the facts so far seem to be 1) He's Libyan.

We can deduce from 1) that it's 97% likely he is a Muslim, but the police aren't currently classifying this as a terrorist attack, probably because of lack of confession/ reports of 'god is great' etc.

The key question now is how this links in with the BLM protest earlier in the day - any evidence he attend, or was riled up & radicalised by the BLM movement to commit this atrocity against non-BAME individuals? It's not a huge jump, & the footage appears to show the victims were white. If so, the **** will hit the fan.

Caporegime
I don't want to delete your original comment as I can see why you thought it was relevant, and I don't wanting to drag it further off topic, but want to put a pin in this, so... I understand why you would say that, however you're wrong. It's a phenomenon washing over the entire western world, Brexit is merely a symptom of the polarisation rather than a cause. It ha sits own stirring effects, yes, but it runs deeper. The referendum here certainly isn't the cause of any polarisation existing in the USA. /Brexit discussion.

Yeah this isn't the thread for it, but initially my post said 'divisive austerity/brexit/leaders of the free World' before I made it simpler.

I certainly don't remember this level of division pre 2010 but brexit amplified it here

Caporegime
So the facts so far seem to be 1) He's Libyan.

We can deduce from 1) that it's 97% likely he is a Muslim, but the police aren't currently classifying this as a terrorist attack, probably because of lack of confession/ reports of 'god is great' etc.

The key question now is how this links in with the BLM protest earlier in the day - any evidence he attend, or was riled up & radicalised by the BLM movement to commit this atrocity against non-BAME individuals? It's not a huge jump, & the footage appears to show the victims were white. If so, the **** will hit the fan.

One if the eyewitnesses report that he shouted something 'unintelligible' as he attacked.

Suspended
So it now looks like a hate crime against white people, or just murder as the media are reporting it... .. Well I guess with increased anti-white sentiment it's not that surprising if that's the case.

Have BLM at least condemned the attack?

Soldato
I was saying to a friend a week or so ago that these protests would present a perfect opportunity for terrorists to inflict maximum damage and casualties.

I guess I kind of expected something to happen but I'm surprised that when it did it was relatively low-key. There's still the risk of more I suppose. :(

Very grim.

Soldato
So apparently a Lybian stabbed a bunch of white guys (OFC the BBC doesn't tell you that).

Will we be taking a knee for this racist attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom