Terrorist attack in Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So apparently a Lybian stabbed a bunch of white guys (OFC the BBC doesn't tell you that).
If that were correct then maybe he was being racist by assuming black people could have knives too. Therefore he "played it safe" with the whiteys! :o

More likely less risk of killing those he sees kinship with by going after a specific demographic tbh. These people aren't usually so careful though so I'd wait for confirmation on that.

Associate
My flat was a 2 minute walk from there(moved out in april). I used to go and sit in that park a lot, If I had used the covid-19 excuse to stay in my flat I could very well have been there when it was happening.

Reading has its rough areas but generally isn't to bad. You certainly wouldn't expect any trouble in that park.

Caporegime
So apparently a Lybian stabbed a bunch of white guys (OFC the BBC doesn't tell you that).

If the races were reversed, the headlines in the media would be "Racist white man goes on stabbing spree targeting black people" and the riots would immediately kick off again.

Associate
This country is so warped right now that I expect the likes of BLM to praise this terrorist and pay their legal fees in full.

I think your view that BLM would praise this is by far the most warped idea. Rather than being related to ideology and warped lonely individuals you want to lay this at the feet of BLM? The behaviour of the Football Lads last weekend is as likely to blame, in that neither will be the cause.

Soldato
Good job BLM hadn't got the police defunded yet though isn't it! :D

We don't need to do that here, since we actually have the other social support sectors in place and unlike the US don't rely on a militarised police force to cope with most facets of social problems

Soldato
Sure, it can't have anything to do with comparing protests to terrorism, that's not divisive at all.
Are you trying to say that these protests went smoothly and without violence? Sure not to the extent of terrorism, but some of the protests certainly weren't peaceful either.

Well, I would posit that the country could be so warped because people have thoughts like that!
I think your view that BLM would praise this is by far the most warped idea. Rather than being related to ideology and warped lonely individuals you want to lay this at the feet of BLM? The behaviour of the Football Lads last weekend is as likely to blame, in that neither will be the cause.
I do agree with you both. I can see why BLM exists, but I can't help feel that they are going about things the wrong way. Then again I suppose it could be argued that nothing else has worked up to now.

Apologies if any offence was caused.

Caporegime
Are you trying to say that these protests went smoothly and without violence? Sure not to the extent of terrorism, but some of the protests certainly weren't peaceful either.

I do agree with you both. I can see why BLM exists, but I can't help feel that they are going about things the wrong way. Then again I suppose it could be argued that nothing else has worked up to now.

Apologies if any offence was caused.

I don't think any significant protest can really go off smoothly, but if we're really going to go with the 'A few rotten apples' argument then it is true for everything then isn't it?

Either way, whatever, I don't really care about the protests enough to expend energies defending them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom