cpu 74 deg gpu 40 is there something wrong?

Associate
OP
I have a 240mm and 360mm rad (30mm thick) on my 9600k 4.8ghz 1.216v and rtx 2070 2025mhz 1.00v undervolted and I get 50c max gpu and 60c max cpu. Warzone is very cpu hungry if your not using vsync. I get 60-80% cpu usage and 60-80% gpu usage at 60fps. looking at around 54c cpu max and 45 gpu max while in warzone. do you have vsync on and what res you running?

it'll come down to how the cpu block is mounted and which oriantation you have picked, the 9th gen chips from intel use a slightly rectangle die which if you look at the motherboard and how the cpu is installed, the waterblock should be installed so the fittings sit in the horizontal position side by side that way you maximise the cooling of the waterblock your using.
Also because you have a 280mm rad only, you'll need to crank up the fans a bit under load to try and help the tempratures and a critical step is to have good clear intake airflow into the case too, this is often overlooked and thus problems start to happen.
If you want the best tempratures then it all comes down to radiator's the more you have the better the cooling and you can run near silent under load if you have enough radiator capacity, if not then you need to increase fan speed.

just noticed your cpu overclock, what vcore voltage are you running to keep 4.8ghz stable?

its just above 1.3

could you help me to get 4.8 stable at 1.2 ?

I followed this guide and used the dynamic vcore?

https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php?threads/9900k-5ghz-1-2v-guide-gigabyte-z390-master.353729/

Soldato
its just above 1.3

could you help me to get 4.8 stable at 1.2 ?

I followed this guide and used the dynamic vcore?

https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php?threads/9900k-5ghz-1-2v-guide-gigabyte-z390-master.353729/

if you'vr followed the gide attached and had no luck then i'd say your chip wont do that, welcome to the silicon lottery, some times you win but 80% of the time you loose, to get such high overclocks stabel with only 1.2v is asking a lot and unless you have a golden chip that wont happen. (plus the guide is for a 9900k not a 9600k)
regarding your voltage i'd say your at the upper limit for 24/7 use, have you tried dropping back 100mhz? (x47), you could drop the voltage back too and have a cooler running cpu with the pump and fans at 50-60% speed, the average user wont notice the diffrence as its only 100mhz, if you dropped 500mhz then there would be a noticeable drop in performance

Back
Top Bottom